Ralph Fernando has more than 20 years of experience supporting consumer-focused businesses and their investors to develop strategies and transform performance through technology, data and new ways of working.
Operating at the intersection between strategy, operations and digital, Ralph helps organisations accelerate value creation, manage risk and maintain competitive advantage. He has more than 20 years of experience leading strategy, digital and operations consulting practices, in addition to commercial and digital functions within retail, consumer goods and health organisations.
Ralph received his M.A. in Modern and Medieval Languages from Cambridge University, an M.B.A. from Warwick Business School, and is a Six Sigma Black Belt. His first book, Agile Strategy: How to create a strategy ready for anything, was published by the Financial Times and received a Highly Commended Award at the Business Book Awards.
- Omnichannel model development for a market-leading apparel brand
- Brand and channel restructuring and organisational redesign of a $2.3 billion global outdoor brand’s European footprint
- Strategic planning and leadership support for a UK convenience store chain
- Supported leading international footwear company in understanding their brand equity and the changing dynamics and trends in the women’s footwear market
- Turnaround of an international ambient goods retailer, including successful re-entry into China
- Restructuring of the product portfolio and sales channels for a German consumer products brand
- Commercial advisor to the lenders of a UK greeting card company
- Commercial support on the successful IPOs of a value retailer and a leisure operator
- Commercial advisor to the lenders of a UK department store, undertaking an independent review of its key divisions and channels and evaluating the achievability of its business plan
- Global strategy and proposition development at a specialist food brand
- Growth option development for a multichannel leisure business
- Advisor to a $700 million U.S. apparel business, supporting them in the turnaround of their online and instore performance
- Supported leading MedTech provider’s executive team in developing its global diabetes strategy
T: +44 0 7815 156 901
London EC1A 4HD
Data & Analytics
Strategy Consulting & Research