Identifying $42 Million in Cost-Saving Opportunities Amid Operating Model Redesign
January 09, 2024
Private Equity Consulting Learn more
FTI Consulting was engaged by a Latin America-based enterprise telecom provider to redesign its organization and operating model and identify meaningful cost-saving initiatives.
- FTI Consulting identified around $42 million in run-rate cash savings (12% of the addressable cost), $27.6 million of in-year savings opportunities and more than 100 cost-saving initiatives across all functional workstreams.
- FTI Consulting presented the client with a revised operating model and organizational design, which the client plans to begin implementation on in 2024.
- The client’s finance team is actively working to convert FTI Consulting's proposals into near-term targets for in-year 2024 budgets.
- The FTI Consulting team assessed the current organization and operating model, then presented options for the future state operating model and organizational design and recommendations for key processes, efficiencies and effectiveness improvement opportunities.
- Focusing on areas such as sales, network and operations, the team conducted functional workshops, data analysis and management validation to present a comprehensive list of cost-saving initiatives using actionable dashboards.
- The team provided a detailed initiative tracker and developed a preliminary implementation timeline and suggested governance for the organization’s transformation journey.