FTI Consulting Survey Finds Blockchain Investment Is a Priority Among 95% of Financial Sector Decision Makers
The increase in investments is largely fueled by significant confidence in the success of blockchain and cryptocurrency projects and belief in the positive benefits they will bring to businesses, governments and consumers. Among organizations that have already launched programs, 75% consider them very successful. Additionally, more than 85% of respondents said they believe the net impact of blockchain technology will be positive for all stakeholders.
“We’ve worked with dozens of clients in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space as well as those with an emerging interest in it,” said
The report identified several key areas of progress and challenge. These include:
- Blockchain investment is now a high priority among 95% of decision-makers in the financial industry.
- 92% of respondents believe that banks and financial institutions will fully adopt blockchain technology in the next three years.
- Nearly 70% of decision makers surveyed said they expect blockchain to create a fundamental or high level of change within their business at present day, and 79% expect this to be true within the next 10 years.
- 77% think they are ahead of the curve in their investment or research into blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- 90% of respondents agree that regulation is needed for cryptocurrency markets.
- More than 80% agree that people continue to struggle to distinguish between blockchain technology and cryptocurrency.
- More than 60% of respondents have a complete client offering or a dedicated team working on blockchain technology infrastructure.
The State of Blockchain Technology and Digital Assets in Financial Services: A Benchmark on the Disruption of an Industry is available for download here.
Demographics and Methodology
555 12th Street NW
Source: FTI Consulting, Inc.