How we can help
FTI Consulting advises banks and financial institutions through various stages of the business cycle and the constantly changing operating, competitive and regulatory environment. FTI Consulting’s experts work with clients to manage risk, enhance financial and operational performance, ensure compliance, resolve regulatory inquiries, address enforcement actions and litigation threats, and leverage assets to protect and enhance enterprise value.
How We Help
Our team comprises highly respected bankers, restructuring and turnaround professionals, specialists in business transformation, forensic specialists, CPAs, CFAs, attorneys, economists, technology professionals, strategic communications experts, former operators, policymakers, and former bank and securities regulators — all of whom are financial services specialists with extensive industry knowledge and expertise. In addition our professionals have expertise in helping clients comply with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) regulations.
We bring industry-leading operating expertise to address our clients’ most urgent needs for accelerating banking...
We bring industry-leading operating expertise to address our clients’ most urgent needs for accelerating banking and finance business transformation. Senior, on-site teams develop practical solutions and deliver high-impact, rapid results in originations/onboarding, servicing, collections, credit risk, IT and general and administrative expenses. Our implementation strategies combine levers of adaptive organization, lean improvement, technology enablement and advanced analytics for future-ready change.
FTI Consulting’s Consumer Financial Services (“CFS”) professionals have the talent and experience to partner...
FTI Consulting’s Consumer Financial Services (“CFS”) professionals have the talent and experience to partner with financial institutions, fintechs, law firms and others to proactively test, enhance or build consumer and regulatory compliance programs, as well as conduct post-resolution activities including look-back remediation reviews. Our range of solutions includes:
- Compliance Management System (“CMS”) Assessments: We can independently assess or build the key components of an effective CMS including governance, policy and procedure review, change management, complaints management, training, testing and third-party risk management.
- Risk and Control Self-Assessments (“RSCA”): We have a team dedicated to risk assessment and management who are ready to assist with developing RCSAs, identifying risks and controls, assessing control effectiveness, conducting gap analysis and developing strategies for improvement in risk management.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (“CFPB”) Readiness Evaluations: We are leaders in CFPB compliance solutions. Our team comprises former CFPB examiners who can provide valuable examination insight and guidance.
- Fair Lending, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (“HMDA”) and Appraisal Analytics: FTI Consulting has a team of Ph.D. statisticians, regulatory compliance experts and former CFPB examiners. We can review your fair lending program and data through regression analysis, redlining analysis and comparative file reviews employing the same statistical analysis used by the CFPB.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”) Compliance: Our team includes Metro 2® specialists that assist in solving complex FCRA compliance and data accuracy challenges for both furnishers and consumer reporting agencies. Our core FCRA offerings include a “health check” of Metro 2® files leveraging EvaluData, an FTI Consulting proprietary data analytics tool.
- Banking-as-a-Services (“BaaS”) and Fintech Due Diligence: We assist our clients offering BaaS, as well as fintechs offering or partnering on consumer products, with ongoing monitoring and testing, in addition to compliance advisory services.
In addition to specific regulatory expertise, we offer general compliance advisory services, including the following services.
- Regulatory Response:Our team of professionals is highly experienced in supporting time-sensitive post-examination Matters Requiring Attention, Supervisory Recommendations and Consent Orders.
- Compliance Staff Augmentation: We can provide interim or longer-term resources including Chief Compliance Officer secondment, first or second line of defense compliance risk support within a line of business, or staff support for compliance departments.
- Expert Witness: Our senior professionals are highly skilled at communicating findings through expert testimony in various settings including court, arbitration and mediation proceedings.
FTI Consulting’s market-leading restructuring practice advises management teams, boards, lenders and other...
FTI Consulting’s market-leading restructuring practice advises management teams, boards, lenders and other key stakeholders on operations, liquidity, financing (including warehouse/repo and securitizations), new capital, strategic transactions, contingency planning, bankruptcy and regulatory matters. Our professionals serve as chief restructuring officers and hold other C-suite roles in interim capacities, as needed.
Our dedicated mergers and acquisitions professionals provide a full range of services, from M&A advisory and...
Our dedicated mergers and acquisitions professionals provide a full range of services, from M&A advisory and raising capital to transaction support. We also provide a sophisticated set of company/business and asset valuation services. We leverage our proprietary quantitative analytics technology to provide advanced valuation solutions for the appraisal of cash and derivatives portfolios across asset classes, with special expertise in complex situations (e.g., distressed assets, assets with lack of marketability, private assets).
Applying our financial services expertise and comprehensive deal-making experience, we advise clients on how...
Applying our financial services expertise and comprehensive deal-making experience, we advise clients on how to strategize, structure, perform diligence, integrate, value and communicate around transactions. Free from audit-based conflicts or restrictions, we provide a 360-degree lens across all facets of the banking business impacted by a particular transaction.
Evaluating and improving risk-management practices while complying with evolving regulatory guidance, laws...
Evaluating and improving risk-management practices while complying with evolving regulatory guidance, laws and regulations can be a challenge, especially in times of uncertainty. We help clients enhance their oversight of risk, identify actions to improve business decisions based on aligning risks with returns, and minimize the potential for losses, negative regulatory exams or other implications. From data privacy, retention and other aspects of information risk to Know Your Customer (KYC) guidelines, our global team provides practical solutions to address the evolving risk landscape.
We help our clients respond to regulatory examination and enforcement actions.
We help our clients respond to regulatory examination and enforcement actions. Our BSA/AML and OFAC professionals are experienced in complex investigations initiated by federal and state regulators and law enforcement agencies. Our teams also perform independent reviews and proactively assist in designing compliance, governance and risk-management programs.
FTI Consulting works with both financial and nonfinancial institutions in understanding the regulatory landscape....
FTI Consulting works with both financial and nonfinancial institutions in understanding the regulatory landscape. Services include avoiding and resolving compliance gaps, remediating examination findings, responding to regulatory inquiries and future-proofing compliance and data-retention programs with cutting-edge technology and processes.
We assist our clients in complying with regulatory expectations and industry standards, ensuring that their...
We assist our clients in complying with regulatory expectations and industry standards, ensuring that their governance practices are appropriately documented and consistently executed. Our goal is to improve our clients’ understanding and oversight of data governance and risk-management activities and identify necessary actions to minimize the risk of negative regulatory exams, enforcement actions and other implications.
FTI Consulting Cayman’s FTI Capital Management is an investment advisory business focused on dealing...
FTI Consulting Cayman’s FTI Capital Management is an investment advisory business focused on dealing with wind downs of alternative investment funds. FTI Capital Management offers a new alternative to maximize returns for investors in a sensible timescale. We are an SEC Registered Investment Adviser with the ability to deploy leading industry experts worldwide, and return capital in a focused and cost effective way.