FTI Consulting’s Technology Segment Enhances Connect and Universal Messaging Platform Solutions to Address Functional Gaps in Emerging Data Source Discovery
As emerging data sources grow in volume, variety and velocity, they are introducing an increasing range of challenges in e-discovery and investigations. An average of 400 data sources are in play at any given organization, and
“The new data landscape is now coming to bear on e-discovery and investigations, and legal, compliance and IT teams are reaching a turning point where they must reorient away from traditional approaches and workflows,” said
FTI Technology Connect
Connect is built based upon FTI Technology’s Connector Framework of standard components that enable a single, intuitive interface for managing data integrations and exporting the data to simplify downstream, forensic production. Key features and capabilities, which are designed to align with evolving data structures rather than force them into legacy workflows, include:
- Pre-built source connectors for Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, Slack, Box and Amazon S3 to integrate with leading e-discovery and investigations platforms and other cloud endpoints.
- Data source discovery to rapidly identify and document cloud source endpoints and API versions.
- Secure authentication functions.
- Standard data models that reduce data source complexity through mapping common elements across collaboration and chat platforms, document libraries and archiving platforms.
- Standardized data format outputs.
- Complete audit and tracking capabilities to ensure a secure and defensible approach to forensic preservation, collection, enrichment and export.
- Configuration options that adjust to new data sources via a modular suite of building block components.
- Targeted data collections that can handle and navigate varied data representations to provide a consistent interface and output.
Universal Messaging Platform
FTI Technology’s Universal Messaging Platform extends the functionality of Connect into adaptive downstream e-discovery and investigations workflows that allow legal teams to explore, enrich and dynamically review a wide range of data sources in context. It is comprised of a custom-built technology stack that combines platform-specific functionality, industry-leading tools and proprietary technology. Features and capabilities in the latest release include:
- Support for a growing list of more than 15 emerging data sources, including Microsoft 365/Teams, Salesforce and Slack, with built-in functionality to adapt to new data sources as they are introduced.
- When utilized alongside Connect, can ingest data directly from the source, allowing for time savings and a cleaner and more workable dataset for enrichment and downstream workflows.
- Innovative density analysis and segmentation of short-form messages to determine logical, matter-specific conversation breaks for chat threads involving key custodians and/or keywords, providing relevant context and optimizing documents for downstream review.
- Messaging processing across common elements such as sender, recipient(s), timestamp and content, for conversion into standard formats for review and production.
- Intuitive dashboard with aggregate metrics across individuals, channels, time and other information and metadata to create and document clear segmentation in preparation for review.
- Artificial intelligence and novel data models to support compliance monitoring, sentiment analysis and internal investigations workflows across emerging data sources.
FTI Technology’s team will be offering demos of Connect and Universal Messaging Platform features during in-person meetings at Legalweek New York,
During Legalweek, FTI Technology will also release the full version of The General Counsel Report 2022: Leading with Endurance Through Risk, Culture and Technology Challenges, its annual study of corporate legal departments in partnership with global legal and compliance technology company Relativity and
555 12th Street NW
Source: FTI Consulting, Inc.
+1 617 897 1545
Europe, Middle East, Africa
+44 79 7759 1658
+852 3768 4606
+61 7 3225 4972