Abdo Al Habr is a trusted advisor to government and business leaders in topics related to cities, infrastructure and real estate and socio-economic development. Mr. Al Habr has more than 12 years of experience developing national visions, sectoral policies, regional and city strategies and metropolitan plans, as well as designing and activating governance operating models and supporting transformations.
Mr. Al Habr has led strategy and transformation engagements for numerous ministries, development authorities, municipalities, municipal companies and real estate developers throughout the Middle East.
Mr. Al Habr has provided leadership and expertise to clients in developing regional socio-economic plans, city metropolitan plans, district regeneration strategies, concepts and business plans for mixed-use real estate projects and strategic plans for municipal companies. He has led national strategies and policies across multiple sectors, including tourism, education, labor, innovation and entrepreneurship and social support, among others. These engagements all focused on devising strategies and plans with broad socio-economic impact at both national and local levels.
- Formulated multiple regional socio-economic development visions and strategies for Gulf Cooperation Council (“GCC”) provinces
- Developed the metropolitan plan for a major GCC city, the economic activation plan for a GCC border region and district regeneration strategies across multiple cities
- Led multiple transformations, including the redesigned governance, organization structure and operating model redesign for a municipality and the governance and operating model design for a new urban planning office
- Led the development of multiple national strategies and policies in the GCC, including national CSR strategy, national population strategy, workforce of the future policy, 4IR and workforce optimization policy, private education strategy, national tourism strategy and national unified inspection model
- Developed regional small and midsize enterprises (“SME”) competitiveness roadmap in a GCC country
- Developed strategy and five-year business plan for a GCC municipal company
- Led acquisition deal structuring for a GCC real estate company, including due diligence, valuation and deal structure
- Developed the strategy and business plan for a university technology-transfer company and conducted a feasibility study for a $300 million industrial and technology park
T: +97 144372183
Unit C1501, East Side of Level 15 Level, Burj Daman
Dubai International Financial Center
PO Box 507126
United Arab Emirates
Strategic Planning and Implementation
Strategy Consulting & Research