Alex Wong is Managing Director and Asia Head of M&A Advisory of FTI Capital Advisors. Based in Hong Kong, Alex has 20 years of M&A and financing experience in bulge bracket investment banks, as well as hands-on senior corporate strategy and executive management experience.
Alex began his career with Citigroup in New York and has focused on M&A originations, executions and merger arbitrage situations across the Asia Pacific region in various institutions, namely Goldman Sachs, Lazard and JPMorgan. At JPMorgan, he was Head of Hong Kong and Taiwan Investment Banking in Financial Institutions, executing numerous landmark M&A and capital market transactions in Greater China, and led the establishment of the Private Client Advisory group offering best-in-class corporate finance advisory services to ultra high-net-worth private banking clients.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Alex was Managing Partner at Oasis Advisory Limited, a boutique consultancy firm he founded that specialises in advising disruptive startups on fundraising strategies and business development. Before that, he was the Chief Strategy Officer at TNG FinTech Group, leading its strategic acquisitions in Southeast Asia, capital markets and fundraising activities, as well as coordinating communications with the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (“HKMA”).
Alex received his B.S. in Operations Research and Industrial Engineering, Summa Cum Laude from Cornell University and M.A. in Statistics from Harvard University.
- Sale of BBPOS, a top six global point-of-sale terminal designer in Hong Kong to Stripe
- TNG FinTech Group’s acquisition of 60% stake of Tranglo Bhd, a global B2B cross-border payment processor in Malaysia
- TNG FinTech Group’s acquisition of majority stake in WalletKu, a leading e-wallet company in Indonesia
- Home Credit B.V.’s strategic partnership with and over RMB2 billionn investment by PAG Asia on Home Credit China
- KKR’s USD520 million takeover of Pepper Group in Australia
- Huatai Securities' USD780 million acquisition of AssetMark in the United States
- Cinda AMC’s acquisition financing of its USD8.8 billion acquisition of Nanyang Commercial Bank in Hong Kong
- Hyundai Life Insurance’s sale of 50% stake for USD200 million to Fubon Life
- OCBC’s USD5 billion acquisition of Wing Hang Bank
- RBS’s USD7.4 billion divestment of RBS Aviation Capital to Sumitomo Mitsui Finance & Leasing
- IK Investment Partners’ acquisition of Offshore Incorporations Limited
- Prudential plc’s proposed USD35.5 billion acquisition of AIA
- Chinatrust FHC’s proposed USD660 million acquisition of 30% stake in Taiwan’s Nan Shan Life
- The Longreach Group’s USD700 million acquisition of 51% stake in EnTie Bank in Taiwan
- SAC Capital’s USD900 million acquisition of majority stake in Cosmos Bank in Taiwan
- Citigroup’s USD427 million acquisition of Bank of Overseas Chinese in Taiwan
- Citigroup’s USD3.7 billionn sale of Citigroup Asset Management to Legg Mason
- Citigroup’s USD11.8 billion sale of Travelers Life & Annuity to MetLife