Alex Wong is a Managing Director in the Transactions practice within the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment at FTI Consulting. Based in Hong Kong, he has 20 years of M&A and capital markets experience in bulge bracket investment banks, as well as hands-on senior corporate strategy and executive management experience.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Alex served as Managing Partner at Oasis Advisory Limited, a boutique consultancy firm he founded that specialises in fundraising for disruptive startups, and advisory on business strategy and project financing. Before that, Alex was the Chief Strategy Officer of TNG FinTech Group, leading its strategic acquisitions in Southeast Asia and the capital markets agenda, including a US$125 million fundraising by a consortium of corporate and private equity investors, as well as coordinating communications with the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (“HKMA”).
Alex commenced his career with Citigroup in New York, and has since been focusing on M&A originations, executions and merger arbitrage situations across APAC in various leading institutions, namely Goldman Sachs, Lazard, The Royal Bank of Scotland, Centaurus Capital and JPMorgan. At JPMorgan, Alex was Head of Hong Kong and Taiwan Financial Institutions investment banking coverage, executing numerous landmark M&A and capital market transactions in Greater China, and led the establishment of the Private Client Advisory group offering best-in-class corporate finance advisory services to ultra high-net-worth private banking clients.
Alex received his Bachelor of Science degree in Operations Research and Industrial Engineering, Summa Cum Laude from Cornell University and Master in Arts degree in Statistics from Harvard University.
- Sale of BBPOS, a top six global point-of-sale terminal designer in Hong Kong, to Stripe
- TNG FinTech Group’s acquisition of 60% stake of Tranglo Bhd, a global B2B cross-border payment processor in Malaysia
- TNG FinTech Group’s acquisition of majority stake in WalletKu, a leading e-wallet company in Indonesia
- Home Credit B.V.’s strategic partnership with and RMB2+bn investment by PAG Asia on Home Credit China
- KKR’s US$520mm takeover of Pepper Group in Australia
- Huatai Securities' US$780mm acquisition of AssetMark in the US
- Cinda AMC’s acquisition financing of its US$8.8bn acquisition of Nanyang Commercial Bank in Hong Kong
- Hyundai Life Insurance’s sale of 50% stake for US$200mm to Fubon Life
- OCBC’s US$5bn acquisition of Wing Hang Bank
- RBS’s US$7.4bn divestment of RBS Aviation Capital to Sumitomo Mitsui Finance & Leasing
- IK Investment Partners’ acquisition of Offshore Incorporations Limited
- Prudential plc’s proposed US$35.5bn acquisition of AIA
- Chinatrust FHC’s proposed US$660mm acquisition of 30% stake in Taiwan’s Nan Shan Life
- The Longreach Group’s US$700mm acquisition of 51% stake in EnTie Bank in Taiwan
- SAC Capital’s US$900mm acquisition of majority stake in Cosmos Bank in Taiwan
- Citigroup’s US$427mm acquisition of Bank of Overseas Chinese in Taiwan
- Citigroup’s US$3.7bn sale of Citigroup Asset Management to Legg Mason