David Baker is a member of FTI Capital Advisors, FTI Consulting’s investment banking subsidiary. He brings to his role more than 30 years of experience in international M&A, capital formation, partnership agreements and corporate strategic development.
Mr. Baker has deep knowledge of the healthcare industry and has successfully completed numerous complex transactions representing more than $7 billion in total value in healthcare services, medical device and healthcare information technology.
Closed deals include M&A, joint ventures, equity investments and partnership agreements. Mr. Baker has extensive global experience with deals successfully completed in the U.S., Europe, Asia and South America. Results include growth of businesses, liquidity for owners and recapitalization of underperforming businesses.
Prior to joining FTI Capital Advisors, Mr. Baker was co-head of Capstone Partners’ Healthcare Group. Prior to that, he was a Managing Director in the Healthcare Group at Lazard Middle Market and was a Vice President of Business Development and Integration at GE Healthcare.
- Acquisition of Commonwealth Eye Associates by Eyecare Partners
- Acquisition of Retina Institute of Virginia by Eyecare Partners
- Recapitalization of Nevada Heart and Vascular by Oaktree and Alvarez and Marsal
- Acquisition of Sani-Tech West by 3i Group
- Acquisition of Aspen Medical Products by Cortec Group
- Acquisition of RMD by Vyaire
- Medsphere equity investment from Hercules Capital
- Onsite Health investment from an undisclosed investor
Awards & Recognition:
- 13th Annual International M&A Awards, M&A Deal of the Year ($100mm-500mm), The M&A Advisory (2022)
- Annual Global Markets M&A Atlas Awards, Private Equity Deal of the Year, Global M&A Network (2021)