Devi Rajani focuses on assisting companies to navigate through the challenging process of fixing their capital structure through debt restructurings and capital raising in Latin America. Devi has more than 15 years of experience working exclusively on large multinational restructuring assignments in Latin America, having restructured more than USD85 billion of debt. Devi brings an unparalleled ability to tackle complex situations given her deep technical expertise, having advised both companies and creditors across a variety of industries, including but not limited to the construction, manufacturing, automotive, hospitality, oil and gas and financial service industries in Mexico, Chile, Brazil and the Caribbean.
Devi’s recent major Latin American-related debt restructurings include Latin America’s largest airline which faced significant challenges following the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Devi and her team were instrumental in assisting the Company in filing for bankruptcy protection under Chapter 11 in the United States and providing ongoing support with the court system.
Devi represented the secured creditors of a Brazilian oil and gas offshore driller following the collapse in oil prices from 2014 to 2017. Devi and her team were essential in analyzing the company’s business plan and providing timely, quality analyses during the negotiations resulting in a successful deal in 2019.
Devi holds a B.Comm. with Honors from Queen’s University. She is a Chartered Professional Accountant and was one of the 54 individuals to achieve the highest standing in Canada in the 2005 Uniform Evaluation. She is also a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (“CIRA”) and received the Certificate of Distinguished Performance Award for achieving an exceptional score on the CIRA examination. Devi is fluent in English and Spanish.
In 2021, Devi was featured in “Women Driving Change,” a Universal Women’s Network book. She also was recognized at Global M&A Network’s 2021 Americas Rising Star Dealmakers Awards and M&A Advisors’ 11th Annual Emerging Leader Awards.
- Advisor to LATAM Airlines Group S.A., Latin America’s largest airline, in the restructuring of its USD10.8 billion in debt
- Advisor to the relationship banks of Avianca Holdings Inc., Colombia’s largest airline, in the restructuring of its USD5 billion debt
- Advisor to the banks and largest insurance company in Barbados with respect to the USD8 billion restructuring of the Government of Barbados debt
- Advisor to the lenders of Constellation Oil Services Holding S.A., an offshore oil driller in Brazil
- Advisor to Concordia Healthcare Corp, a publicly traded pharmaceutical company based in Canada
- Advisor to Empresas ICA, one of the largest construction companies in Latin America
- Advisor to the bondholders of OAS, of the largest Brazilian construction companies
- Advised Automotores Gildemeister, a Chilean importer and retailer of Hyundai cars, in their successful restructuring of USD700 million bonds
T: +1 416 649 8071
TD South Tower, 79 Wellington Street West
Toronto Dominion Centre, Suite 2010, P.O. Box 104
Toronto, ON M5K 1G8
Restructuring / Turnaround Services