Eiji Michihiro is a Senior Advisor in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment in Japan. Mr. Michihiro has more than 30 years of consulting and transaction advisory experience across diverse industries including automotive, industrial products and telecom, media and technology (“TMT”).
Throughout his career, Mr. Michihiro has held partner roles within the Big Four and other consulting firms. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, he founded his own consulting firm, with a primary focus on strategy, business transformation and M&A advisory for Japanese listed companies and regional businesses.
Mr. Michihiro has played a significant role in driving transformational change for automotive clients, as they navigate their biggest challenges and opportunities. Additionally, he has experience in the electrical, housing equipment, pharmaceutical and information technology industries.
Since 2012, Mr. Michihiro has actively participated in a nationwide initiative aimed at aiding the recovery of local economies impacted by the Great East Japan Earthquake. His involvement encompasses various activities such as revitalizing small and medium-sized manufacturing companies, establishing effective sales channels and supporting local governments through initiatives such as attracting inbound tourism and promoting local products in both domestic and international markets.
- Assisted automotive original equipment manufacturers (“OEMs”) and Tier-1 suppliers in redefining vision and long-term strategy development
- Conducted benchmarking for the Global Strategic Vehicle program and supported global supply chain planning for an OEM
- Supported site selection and investment planning for an OEM’s production site in China
- Assisted in building foundations for group management and digital transformation for auto suppliers
- Supported turnaround planning and acted as a turnaround manager for an auto dealer and a housing equipment manufacturer
- Assisted in M&A and post-merger integrations (“PMI”) for auto suppliers, dealers, commercial banks and tech companies
- Supported business portfolio restructuring, M&A strategy development and execution for conglomerates, mechatronics manufacturing, resorts, education and housing equipment companies
- Assisted Chinese market entry for stationery manufacturers and high-tech companies, as well as semiconductor equipment manufacturers and educational institutions in entering the Japanese market
T: +81 80 4806 9449
Hibiya Fort Tower 10F
1-1-1 Nishi Shinbashi
Financial Management Process Improvement
Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory
Strategic Planning and Implementation