Emil Suric is a member of the Valuation and Financial Advisory Services group at FTI Consulting. Mr. Suric specializes in valuation, transaction support, commercial due diligence and financial forecasting with a focus on the life sciences industry.
Mr. Suric has worked on numerous valuation related engagements for M&A advisory purposes, regulatory compliance, financial reporting requirements, bankruptcy and financial restructuring, litigation and arbitration support and for tax and transfer pricing purposes. Specifically, he has conducted equity and debt valuations, share-based compensation (including employee-based options, awards, preferred equity and warrants), goodwill impairment testing, legal entity valuations, pre- and-post deal purchase price allocations, fairness opinions, portfolio valuations, business plan reviews, intangible asset valuations and fair market value assessments of wholesaler distribution service agreements within the life sciences industry.
In addition, Mr. Suric has considerable experience in pharmaceutical related, buy-side due diligence and M&A transactions, spanning across multiple product categories, including injectables, generics, bands and biosimilars. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Suric was a corporate development manager at Alvogen Inc., where he conducted commercial due diligence, financial forecasting, valuation modeling and deal term structuring on numerous business development related opportunities. His transaction experience includes licensing agreements, co-development partnership arrangements, M&A and divestitures. In addition, Mr. Suric worked closely with senior management on product selection and portfolio forecasting for strategic planning and for capital budgeting purposes.
Mr. Suric also worked at KPMG as a senior associate in the Economic and Valuation Services group where he provided valuation advisory services to multinational, publicly traded pharmaceutical companies and early-stage, pre-revenue biotechnology companies.
- Conducted financial and commercial due diligence on a private opioid manufacturer’s long-term business plan as part of a nation-wide, opioid related settlement agreement with a committee of U.S. attorneys general
- Provided commercial due diligence assessment on a privately owned, generic pharmaceutical manufacturer’s long-term business plan pertaining to a lender renegotiation agreement on behalf of secured term loan lenders
- Assisted an international biopharmaceutical manufacturer with a fair-market value assessment of certain cold-chain distribution services for purposes of compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”) four-part, bona fide service fee test
- Served as a privileged valuation expert on behalf of a large law firm representing an international biopharmaceutical manufacturer pertaining to a Medicare/Medicaid false claims act case
- Prepared valuation of preferred stock as part of a complex equity structure of an early-stage, pre-revenue biotechnology company to assist management in financial reporting compliance