Eric Seal specializes in strategy and business transformation of companies in the commercial finance, real estate, banking, consumer finance, private equity and wealth and investment management sectors. As a growth leader with more than 25 years of significant experience in intense situations across multiple diverse businesses, Mr. Seal created value that drove transformational change, reduced operating costs and sustained profitable business growth as both an operator and consultant.
Mr. Seal brings outstanding strategic thinking skills balanced with tactical execution, strong functional management experience and an advanced analytical “toolkit” always focused on the customer. He consistently fosters an enterprise view (financial, operational and organizational effectiveness) to build partnerships and high-performing teams. His expertise focuses on strategic planning, revenue optimization, customer experience, operating excellence, cost containment, digital transformation and process automation.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Seal led the implementation and execution of business transformation and process excellence initiatives harnessing change acceleration to drive sustainable growth and productivity at Mr. Cooper Group, the largest non-bank home loan servicer in the U.S. Before Mr. Cooper Group, Blackstone recruited Mr. Seal as the Chief Operating Officer to profitably scale Lexington, a commercial real estate portfolio company, where he was responsible for setting the strategy and driving execution across the business from sales through production, underwriting and service delivery. He also held various business transformation and operating roles with Synchrony, JPMorgan Chase & Co., DFC Global Corp. (a Lonestar Funds company), Constellation Energy, Bank of America and General Electric (“GE”) Capital.
Prior to pursuing a career in corporate America, Mr. Seal served six years in the U.S. Army as an Armor Officer in various roles of increasing responsibility.
- Wealth & Investment Management: Delivered $190 million of productivity, revenue enhancement and expense reduction; led sales effectiveness that increased alternative investments revenue by 40%; improved fee-based business that resulted in high quality recurring revenue that realized $400 million of gross sales
- Private Equity – Commercial Real Estate: Profitably scaled the business while exceeding customer expectations and exceeded net income goal by 12%
- Commercial Finance: Reduced credit underwriting variability by more than 35 minutes and increased funding ratio by 6%; completed credit underwriting scorecard automation project that increased auto decisions by more than 10%; launched Robotics Process Automation (“RPA”) effort that saved $8 million of non-compensation expenses
- Consumer Finance – Mortgage: Executed value and efficiency initiatives that increased productivity ranging from 25% to 60% across originations, servicing and other functions
- Consumer Finance – Credit Card: Optimized critical first line of defense governance functions across collections and recovery processes; reduced annualized employee expense by $150 million
- Banking: Reduced excess Banking Center cash by 22% or $387 million; reduced problem incidents by 15%
T: +1 203 917 1455
1166 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Strategic Planning and Implementation