Glenn Tobias is CEO of FTI Capital Advisors, LLC, FTI’s investment banking practice. Mr. Tobias specializes in mergers and acquisitions and private placements of debt and equity in both healthy and special situations transactions. He has additional expertise in corporate restructuring, project finance and interim management. He has more than 25 years of professional experience in investment banking, corporate finance and consulting.
Mr. Tobias has professional experience in a diverse set of industries including the following sectors: telecom, media & technology, power & renewable energy, healthcare, real estate, oil & gas and financial services.
Mr. Tobias was previously a Managing Director at BNP Paribas, where he was Managing Director - Head of BNP Paribas’ Energy, Natural Resources and Project Finance Group. His client driven focus led to the completion of $15 billion of project financings, acquisitions and equity investments throughout the Americas and Asia. Principal responsibilities included team leadership, client and business development, transaction structuring and negotiation.
Mr. Tobias was previously Vice President of Corporate Development and Structured Finance for Global Crossing, LTD where he executed over $10 billion of capital markets and M&A transactions. He was instrumental in the company’s successful reorganization and exit from one of the US’ largest bankruptcies and the company’s further success post emergence.
- Financial advisor to Sizmek, Inc., a digital advertising technology company, completing the sale of the business in 3 separate transactions to Amazon.com, Zeta Global, and O3 Industries.
- Financial advisor to Ford Models, Inc. in a distressed sale of the business.
- Financial advisor to F&W Media for the restructuring and 363 sale of its enthusiast magazine businesses, completing 7 separate sale transactions.
- Financial advisor to Ally Bank and Defy Media, owner of a series of YouTube channels, in the assessment of strategic alternatives.
- Financial advisor to TLA on the sale of its sports talent agency business in the U.S. to Gatemore Capital and the sale of its events management business to QMS, Ltd.
- Financial advisor to a private equity client on the sale of a distressed $300 million revenue business in the industrials sector – business sold in 4 separate transactions and remaining company sent to Ch.7.
- Completed a $160 million financing for Cyrq Energy, raising long term institutional debt for new build and refinancing of renewable energy assets.
- Served as President of a 100mw gas fired power company while providing M&A divestiture advice to ownership, leading to a successful sale of the business.
- Provided M&A divestiture advice to Covanta for the sale of their Danielson Reinsurance subsidiary.
- Advised a virtual reality production company on a $20 million growth capital raise.
- Advising a digital media company on a $25 million growth capital raise.
- Served as M&A advisor to a private equity client on the sale of a $300 million revenue business in the industrials sector; and
- Sale of Innovative Communications (cable, internet and telephony provider in the USVI) for $145 million to ATN International.
T: +1 646 453 1217
Three Times Square
New York , NY - 10036
Investment Banking & Capital Solutions
Restructuring / Turnaround Services