Greg Gotthardt specializes in providing real estate transaction advisory services to corporations, real estate operating companies, REITS, developers, financial institutions and government entities. He is the national leader of FTI Consultng’s Real Estate Valuation Group. Mr. Gotthardt has close to 40 years of experience, including with transactions involving billions of dollars of real estate and real estate loan portfolios.
Mr. Gotthardt provides real estate advice, including asset and transaction strategies; acquisitions and dispositions; investment due diligence; development planning; workouts and restructurings; underwriting; and valuation. His experience spans a wide variety of property types, including office, industrial, retail, multifamily, self storage, luxury residential, highly-amenitized recreational communities, and land.
As a trusted advisor, Mr. Gotthardt has performed and overseen numerous public-private partnership initiatives and transactions for a variety of public sector clients. He has served as advisor on dozens of development and ground lease transactions.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Gotthardt was a Managing Director with Alvarez & Marsal (“A&M”) Real Estate Advisory Services (“REAS”) and led A&M’s West Coast REAS practice. Before that, he was a Partner with the Real Estate Advisory Services practice of EY, where he directed the firm’s transaction advisory and capital markets activities on the West Coast. Prior to its acquisition by EY in 1995, he was with Kenneth Leventhal & Company.
Mr. Gotthardt holds a variety of real estate professional designations and certifications and is a member of the Urban Land Institute, Appraisal Institute, Counselors of Real Estate, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, and the Turnaround Management Association.
- Kamehameha Schools – Transaction advisor on the transaction structure and execution for the sale of improvements and long-term ground lease of more than $800 million of assets including the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center and Hawaii Kai Towne Centre on Oahu.
- Lake at Las Vegas – Debtor advisor in the Chapter 11 reorganization of Lake Las Vegas, a 3,592-acre master planned community including a 340-acre lake, two hotels and three championship golf courses in Henderson, Nevada.
- Professional Financial Investors, Inc. – Asset manager and transaction advisor to the Debtors in Chapter 11 on the sale of a $450 million sale of multifamily and commercial assets involved in a Ponzi scheme in northern California’s Bay Area.
- South Orange County Community College District – Real estate financial and transaction advisor for multiple ground lease transactions in the 58-acre Advanced Technology and Education Park in Tustin, California.
- Woodbridge Investments – Asset strategy and transaction advisor to the Debtors in Chapter 11 in the disposition of more than 50 ultra-luxury residential properties in West Los Angeles and Aspen involved in a Ponzi scheme.
T: +1 213 452 6323
350 S. Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Litigation Support & Analytical Services
Restructuring / Turnaround Services