Harvind Raman has 15 years of consulting and industry experience, specializing in the telecom, media and technology ("TMT"), industrials and airline industries. Mr. Raman co-leads the Technology Go-To-Market team within the firm’s TMT practice, and focuses on large scale enterprise transformations, mergers and acquisitions (“M&A”), commercial and operational due diligence and post-merger integration.
Mr. Raman has deep expertise in helping private equity firms and corporations in commercial and operational due diligence, M&A, carve-outs, growth and cost transformations. He has successfully championed various transactions in the Tech sector, drove value through large scale transformation programs, cost take outs and revenue uplift programs. Mr. Raman specializes in organizational transformation/efficiency, R&D portfolio optimization, go-to-market strategy enablement, tech and infrastructure optimization.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Raman was at AlixPartners in the TMT group in the Enterprise Improvement practice. He also spent over eight years in the industry working for Caterpillar, American Airlines and Sensata Technologies in various product development, revenue management, marketing and business development roles.
- Led the transformation effort to revamp the R&D portfolio strategy and resource allocation for a $1 billion UCaaS provider. Pivoted the portfolio from a B2C focused business to a B2B focused product offering. Redesigned the R&D portfolio through a bottom-up project build and rationalization. Identified $30 million in run-rate savings in addition to pivoting existing team and organization to new strategy.
- Led the commercial and operational due diligence for buy-side merger of $8 billion ad tech and media companies. Led client relationship, diligence efforts, deal models, PMI and managed multiple workstreams to streamline org, asset profitability optimization, infrastructure & external vendor spend reduction.
- Led a multi-workstream turnaround effort of a $300 million live event ticketing platform. Identified $15 million in labor cost savings and $10 million in non-labor cost savings. Revamped the go-to-market sales and marketing operating model. Established Centers of Excellence for Product and Engineering in Argentina, shared services centers in lower cost country and outsourced select billing and fraud management.
- Led the product profitability and portfolio optimization as part of PE turnaround effort of a $4 billion security solutions SaaS company. Identified >$100 million in EBITDA uplift through pricing optimization, product simplification, P&L optimization and ROI improvements on new products.
- Led the integration of two online ticketing platforms with a combined pre-COVID revenue of $1.6 billion. Responsible for Day 1 readiness and planning across all workstreams. Identified and executed over $100 million in synergies and restructured the organization for COVID-19 “no revenue” scenario with a focus on “keep the lights on” business continuity.
- Advised the divestiture efforts of a $2 billion software and advisory services business from a $120 billion conglomerate. Designed the carve-out strategy, separation perimeter, target operating model, set cost portfolio, identified structural improvements and a detailed execution plan.
- Conducted numerous operational and commercial diligences, transactions for AdTech, MarTech, EdTech, industrial software solutions, healthcare and HealthTech, and enterprise software targets for PE firms.
B.E., Mechanical Engineering, Anna University
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Kentucky
M.B.A., Finance, Economics and Strategic Management, The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
T: +1 859 227 4814
50 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94111