Jamie Gorman assists clients in the Telecom, Media & Technology (“TMT”) industry and specializes in growth and go-to-market strategies, business development and partnerships, product strategy and business transformation. Mr. Gorman has more than 25 years of executive leadership, consulting and entrepreneurial experience in TMT.
Mr. Gorman served as Senior Vice President of Customer Acquisition & Product Management at Altice USA and led the Market Strategy and Product teams through a business transformation after Altice’s acquisition of Cablevision and Suddenlink. Prior to the Altice transaction, he was Vice President of Market Strategy & Pricing at Cablevision, leading the company to industry-best average revenue per user (“ARPU”) and penetration rates.
As a seasoned industry consultant, Mr. Gorman has completed engagements for Comcast, Charter, Cox, Time Warner Cable and other top cable and media companies in growth strategy, business transformation, product strategy, marketing and business and corporate development.
Mr. Gorman co-founded DigiTerra Broadband in 2000, a venture-funded SaaS-based B2B2C marketplace for telecom services, which he sold in 2003. He also co-founded Alare Capital, a boutique investment bank in Arizona, where he advised TMT clients on capital raises and M&A and maintained Series 7 & 63 licenses. After completing his M.B.A., Mr. Gorman joined the Market Strategy & Development group at MediaOne Group (now part of Comcast). He began his career in private equity, where he conducted due diligence, business plan development and strategy implementation for consumer products and real estate companies.
He is an avid skier, traveler and photographer, and is fluent in Italian.
- Spearheaded business transformation efforts for Altice USA for all go-to-market functions, including product management, customer acquisition, pricing and competitive strategy, customer engagement and retention strategy
- Led introduction of ground-breaking new products, including a hybrid set-top box and streaming platform, Altice One, Gigabit Fiber internet, as well as the cable industry’s first consumer audio product
- Led a strategic partnership with Apple aimed at transforming the way Altice USA sells and installs customer-premise equipment, influencing Apple’s TV product development roadmap, and streamlining the customer video experience
- Developed the first “white label” online marketplace for telecom services, customizable for individual retailers
- Optimized bundle product offers to maximize conversion rate and increased video take rate by over 10 points and ARPU by over 9%, by re-defining and enhancing hyper-local marketing approach, leveraging seasonal promotions and new product rollouts, and improving website traffic
- Developed and executed several monetization strategies for one of the largest cable WiFi operators in the United States; led all business development efforts
- Business model evaluation and enterprise playbook development for a billion-dollar cost transformation
- Managed and executed a $60 million rebranding implementation for the second-largest cable company
- Led strategy, product development and execution of a dynamic mobile advertising platform for cable SMB customers
- Led analysis supporting the pricing and packaging of a leading cable company’s core video, data, voice and smart home security products
- Designed the sales and buy-flow processes for a major cable operator’s market deployment of IP-delivered home security and home automation services
T: +1 212.247.1010
M: +1 917.370.3182
1166 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Sales & Marketing Effectiveness