Jeremy Tan is a Managing Director in FTI Consulting’s Risk Advisory and Investigations practice and is based in Singapore. With more than a decade of experience advising private companies, law firms and governments, Jeremy has supervised and led the execution of numerous investigative and intelligence gathering assignments, including in-depth reputational due diligence, asset tracing, political risk analysis, threat assessments and other bespoke investigative projects, in a multitude of industry sectors.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Jeremy worked at major global consultancy firms where he led the growth of the investigations and business intelligence practice groups in Southeast Asia, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar and Indonesia. Additionally, he has deep experience managing projects in other Asia Pacific countries, including China and India.
Before Jeremy’s career in consultancy, Jeremy served in the Singapore Government’s Prime Minister’s Office identifying and monitoring emerging issues of security and strategic importance to Singapore and the wider Asia Pacific region. In this role, he supervised research and regularly supported senior government decision-makers in the policy-making process.
Jeremy earned his Bachelor’s of Social Science in Political Science from the National University of Singapore and his Master’s of Arts in Politics and Philosophy from Carleton University in Canada. Jeremy is native in English and Chinese.
- Handled deal advisory assignments involving political risk analysis and corporate intelligence-gathering for major international telecommunications and financial institutions seeking to establish operations or acquire assets in Indonesia, Vietnam, Myanmar and Thailand
- Performed investigative due diligence on prominent conglomerates across Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand with a focus on bribery and corruption, licensing and concessions issues, environmental degradation, local operating contexts and coping strategies
- Performed political risk and due diligence assessments on the reputation and probity of Indonesian, Mainland Chinese and Vietnamese counterparties
- Conducted investigations related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) regarding allegations of intellectual property infringements and corrupt business practices in Indonesia, Vietnam and India
- Detailed political forecasting in Vietnam, including the risks associated with sudden changes in policy direction and the balance of political power, focused on security of contracts, concessions and issues associated with local partners reliant on local political connections
- Provided risk advisory and investment support for Mainland Chinese and Indonesian ultra-high-net-worth individuals looking to invest in Myanmar, Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore
T: +65 6506 7651
1 Raffles Quay
#27-10, South Tower
Investigative Due Diligence
Global Risk & Investigations
Bribery & Corruption Investigations & Compliance
Corporate Fraud & Investigations
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)