Johanna Krogsrud is an accomplished leader with extensive experience in directing and advising all aspects of commercial and multifamily property accounting. In addition to her hands-on accounting experience, Ms. Krogsrud has deep expertise in building effective accounting teams, developing and launching strategic business plans and project management.
Ms. Krogsrud has worked with numerous clients to improve processes and governance and has a track record of delivering the highest quality service to her clients. Additionally, she is skilled in working in and explaining control environments, responding to audits, lease administration, calculating CAM reconciliations and straight-line rent and communicating effectively with property management. Ms. Krogsrud prides herself in providing professional development and mentorship to help her team members.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Ms. Krogsrud was a Director at CBRE and Avison Young where she provided leadership and strategic direction while focusing on building client partnerships, team development and process improvement. Ms. Krogsrud collaborated on Request for Proposals (“RFPs”), led new client portfolio transitions, managed client care initiatives and led property accounting controllers and teams. She also led a two-year process improvement initiative, which included the review and enhancement of processes and the corresponding policy documentation. As part of this initiative, she led the design and implementation of Robotic Process Automation (“RPA”), the review and implementation of system functionality, as well as expanding the use of Excel and Outlook for automation.
- Led the transition and lift-out of more than 100 employees located in eight countries for a global investor client
- Led the transition, partial lift-out and staffed a team for a 140-property, 42,000-unit multifamily portfolio
- Led the transition and staffed a team for a public real estate investment trust (“REIT”) client acquiring an 80-building office portfolio; drafted a policies and procedures manual and implemented several controls to support the client’s SOX audit
- Led the business design of five Robotic Process Automation (“RPA”) processes and reviewed the process design documents; contributed to the communication plan, testing, training and implementation phases; one process optimized via RPA was the rent edit report generation and approval/archival across several accounting systems
Awards & Recognition:
- Women of Influence, GlobeSt. Real Estate Forum (2023)