Jonathan Ma has more than 15 years of experience advising on deals across the transaction lifecycle, including strategy development, comprehensive due diligence, integration and carve-out planning, post-close transaction support and performance improvement across various sectors.
Mr. Ma’s career has spanned both industry and consulting experience across the Technology, Media & Telecommunications (“TMT”), Healthcare and Consumer sectors. Prior to FTI Consulting, Mr. Ma was a part of the consulting practice at Ernst & Young (“EY”), where he led teams through global post-merger integrations and business transformations. He has also advised public and private sector clients on multiple cost, schedule and risk assessment engagements.
Mr. Ma’s industry experience includes more than seven years at the telecommunications and media divisions of Cox Enterprises, Inc., where he held various management roles in Corporate Development and Corporate Finance.
- Sell-Side Carve-Out: Engaged to perform separation assessment and prepare carve-out financials for a global technology services provider
- Buy-Side Carve-Out/Integration: Engaged to perform operational due diligence, synergy analysis and carve-out planning for a U.S.-based industrial manufacturer and service provider
- Buy-Side Integration: Engaged to perform operational due diligence, revenue synergy analysis, integration planning and market expansion analysis for a large U.S.-based energy service provider
- Buy-Side Carve-Out/Stand-Up: Engaged to lead pre-close carve-out planning and post-close execution for a U.S.-based industrial manufacturer
- Buy-Side Integration: Financial and operational due diligence and pre-close planning for a regionally-based U.S. telecommunications provider