Joseph Hansell is a specialist in corporate recovery, restructuring, and turnaround management in Australia, advising corporates, lenders and capital providers. Joseph has industry expertise in retail, property, manufacturing, aviation, managed investment schemes and financial services and products.
For 23 years, Joseph has worked on a range of corporate restructuring and recovery matters (receiverships, voluntary administrations and liquidations) which have involved the trade on and sale of distressed businesses, conducting independent business reviews, investigations into corporate failures and litigation for the recovery of debts, antecedent and insolvent transactions.
Joseph has developed extensive experience in corporate advisory matters which have primarily involved providing strategic advice, assisting in negotiations and developing solutions with respect to a range of reconstruction and turnaround proposals.
Joseph is valued by his clients in evaluating business operations and finances, liquidation analysis, liquidity forecasting, analysing collateral, covenant renegotiations and providing advice on options and contingency planning.
- Tribe Brewing – Voluntary Administrator of one of Australia’s largest craft/contract brewing operations – the business was recapitalised by way of Deed of Company Arrangement
- Autocare Services – Voluntary Administrator of Australia’s market leading vehicle logistics business – the business was recapitalised by way of a Deed of Company Arrangement and placed on a sustainable platform for the future
- Settlers Lifestyle – trade on and sale of a national five-asset retirement village portfolio, in a market facing significant structural change and during the initial stages of COVID-19 ($25 million)
- Surfstitch Group (ASX: SRF) – listed global eCommerce surf, skate and snow retailer - advisor and Voluntary Administrator – contingency planning, trade on, M&A of subsidiaries, settlement of legal proceedings and a DOCA
- One of the world’s largest hard coking open-cut coal miners – advisor to the board with respect to solvency and the adequacy of $2.3 billion in debt facilities
Awards & Recognitions:
- Who’s Who Legal: Global Elite Thought Leader, 2022, 2023
- Lexology: Client Choice Award, Restructuring and Insolvency, 2021