Joseph Concannon specializes in restructuring, bankruptcy proceedings, distressed company consulting, financial analyses and due diligence. Mr. Concannon has over 15 years of experience, including industry expertise in healthcare, insurance, automotive, mining, real estate, hospitality and manufacturing.
Mr. Concannon has held interim management roles and assisted senior management, secured and unsecured lenders and other constituents on a variety of matters. Mr. Concannon has also led the development of long-term business plans and cash flow projections, the review of turnaround plans and specific profit improvement opportunities, the implementation of working capital enhancements, the preparation of bankruptcy contingency plans and the divestiture of non-core assets, as well as negotiations with equity participants, secured lenders and other parties-in-interest.
Mr. Concannon is currently assisting eHealth and has been retained in numerous engagements including Beacon Health Options, iQor, Vari-Form, Horizon Global, Noble Group, Peabody Energy, DynaVox, 21st Century Oncology, MediMedia, NewPage Corporation, Ocwen, Sea Island, Delphi Corporation, Visteon Corporation and Dana Automotive.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Concannon served as a Senior Associate in KPMG’s Audit practice.
- Served as Interim CFO of Beacon Health Options, a $2+ billion provider of behavioral health solutions; led the accounting, finance, treasury, purchasing and real estate functions; led initiatives to identify and implement $75+ million in annual cost savings and improve collections and working capital cash flows
- Assisted Peabody Energy, the largest privately owned coal company in the world, with long-term business planning and strategy and cash flow and liquidity management
- Assisted NewPage Corporation, the largest paper manufacturer in North America at the time with over $3 billion in revenues, with developing a long-term business plan model for its business operations and its plan of reorganization
- Worked with DynaVox, a provider of speech generating devices and special education software, by serving as the Chief Restructuring Officer and creating the design, development and implementation of a comprehensive weekly cash flow forecasting process and long-term business plan
- Assisted with identifying and implementing $10 million in annual cost savings for MediMedia, a $250 million provider of health information and health management solutions
- Served as a Restructuring Officer for The Sea Island Company
T: +1 412 808 1145
1000 Omega Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Bankruptcy Process & Contingency Planning
Financial Planning & Analysis