Joseph Sciarrino is a Managing Director in FTI Consulting’s Office of the CFO Solutions practice in London. Mr. Sciarrino brings a diverse background to engagements with previous roles in private equity, M&A and transaction advisory. His skillset covers finance transformation, capital markets, M&A, forecasting, performance and profitability metrics, financial and economic analysis and investment underwriting.
Mr. Sciarrino has served as an advisor on numerous engagements related to financial transformation and performance improvement, transaction diligence and integration, capital raising and the financial restructurings and turnarounds of LATAM Airlines, Geokinetics and The Hertz Corporation, one of the largest worldwide vehicle rental companies.
Mr. Sciarrino has experience serving clients in interim capacity, as well as strategic advisor on mergers and carve-outs, asset acquisitions and transformation efforts.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Sciarrino was a Management Associate in the Private Equity group at Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company. As an associate in Nationwide’s Financial Leadership Rotation Program, his experience spanned a number of functional areas and business units within the organization. He began his career as a White House staff member and spent several years in politics before attending business school.
- Leading aspects of the case related to pre- and post-petition asset-backed securities (“ABS”) and corporate debt facilities, lender diligence and treasury operations for the successful Chapter 11 restructuring of The Hertz Corporation
- Managing capital markets and related transaction efforts for a diversified oil field services company while actively overseeing cash flow and liquidity requirements
- Assessing and optimizing the design of finance functions and related processes for clients in the manufacturing, industrials, energy exploration and travel and leisure industries
- Serving as Interim Treasurer for a USD150 million corporate carve-out manufacturing company in the packaging and print industry; managing daily liquidity, global cash flows, lender reporting, banking relationships and budgeting while designing the function structure
- Optimizing the capital structure and global cash management for an international textile company while facilitating a reorganization plan for the finance and treasury functions
- Leading interim corporate development efforts for an international, multibillion-dollar company in the travel and leisure industry, with a focus on prospective M&A and venture capital investment opportunities
- Developing a working capital rationalization plan for a USD1 billion global manufacturer
- Building cash flow and integrated three-statement forecast models to assess long-term financial performance and liquidity metrics for an over USD10 billion company in the travel sector
- Managing the sell-side process for private equity secondary transactions, including asset valuation, forward performance modeling and purchase agreement negotiations
- Leading asset class performance forecasting and process improvement efforts for a USD1 billion investment portfolio