Kevin Chen is a Managing Director specializing in lead-to-revenue process transformation, revenue growth, operations and supply chain strategies. Mr. Chen primarily serves the industrial manufacturing, life sciences, consumer goods and private equity sectors. He has more than 15 years of experience advising senior executives and private investors on strategic decision-making, organization revamping and performance turnarounds.
Mr. Chen has deep expertise in all aspects of the end-to-end lead-to-revenue process including, but not limited to, sales and operations planning, portfolio rationalization, segmentation analytics, customer service excellence, cost take-out, cash leadership, strategic sourcing and supply chain design. His notable client service engagements include General Electric, Boeing, Diebold Nixdorf, Western Digital, Dow Chemical, Pfizer, JNJ, TPG Capital, Griffin Capital, Clorox, ReignCom and American Eagle Outfitters.
Prior to FTI Consulting, Mr. Chen was a leader in the Strategy and Transactions Practice at EY-Parthenon (“EY”). He primarily served Fortune 500 clients on large transformation programs with global footprints, as well as rapid sales and operations projects for private equity portfolio companies. Before EY, Mr. Chen spent time at Kearney, focusing on procurement transformation, best-cost country sourcing and supply chain analytics.
Between his time at EY and Kearney, Mr. Chen was a serial entrepreneur who founded multiple small businesses in the life sciences and industrial manufacturing. He also served as an independent consultant for private venture capital investors focusing on deal due diligence. Mr. Chen previously worked for WPP Group as a marketing and brand expert specializing in consumer behavior, media and advertising effectiveness, in addition to integrated marketing strategy.
- Led a lead-to-revenue program for a global business-to-business financial technology services client with 15% cost take-out
- Led a capital transformation program with approximately $300 million cash improvements delivered in 12 months
- Managed a commercial field operation transformation for a leading medical device company
- Established a complete sales and operations planning (“S&OP”) process for a global diversified industrial manufacturer, and reduced more than 20% of inventory and 60% of overdue backlog
- Led a supply chain transformation project for a major IT hardware manufacturer
- Designed a sales/inventory correlation model for a leading pharmaceutical company
- Led a rapid earnings before interest, taxes and amortization (“EBITA”) improvement program for a $700 million private equity-owned pharmaceutical company
- Developed an end-to-end procure-to-pay model and executed Systems, Applications and Products (“SAP”) implementation for a global chemical company
- Led a supply chain optimization project for a leading aerospace manufacturer with identified reduction opportunity more than 20%