Masaaki Ikeda is a Managing Director in Corporate Finance & Restructuring in Japan. Mr. Ikeda has more than 30 years of consulting and transaction advisory experience across various industries, including retail and consumer, manufacturing, financial services and utilities.
Throughout Mr. Ikeda's career, he has held Partner roles at Arthur Andersen, KPMG, EY and Accenture, and began his career at Daiwa Securities Group. Before joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Ikeda worked for NJS Co., an industrial company, where he led the Regional & Energy Development department. During this time, he established a new business subsidiary involving unmanned aerial vehicle (“UAV”) technology for infrastructure and an official development assistance project in India.
Prior to this, Mr. Ikeda was a Managing Director at a Big Four firm leading strategic corporate planning, new business development, M&A due diligence, post-merger integration, restructuring and turnaround, organizational transformation and business process re-engineering projects. Mr. Ikeda is also experienced in global business process outsourcing (“BPO”), having supported a number of major Japanese clients with their operations in China and other offshore sites.
Mr. Ikeda holds a B.A. in Commerce from Waseda University and an M.B.A. from the University of Chicago. He has taught M.B.A. lectures at The Kyushu-Asia Institute of Leadership (“KAIL”) program in Kyushu, Japan.
- Assisted a major consumer company in developing a three-year mid-term business plan
- Led a post-merger integration of two major beverage companies
- Provided turnaround assistance for food and beverage (“F&B”) businesses and a manufacturing company
- Developed financial modeling for a major convenience retail store, launching banking service to make the business plan and submit it to the Financial Services Agency (“FSA”) of Japan
- Provided M&A support for a FinTech company to prepare financial statements, valuation and business analysis
- Formed an operational control framework including finance, accounting, HR and general affairs (“GA”) at a new corporation
- Performed economic analysis of the State of Uttar Pradesh and financial analysis of a sewage treatment plant investment for the Ganga river in India
- Managed BPO projects for major Japanese companies by a lead of outsourcing account delivery managers (“OADMs”)
T: +81 80 7495 7370
Keio Shinjuku 3-chome Bldg 6F
3-1-24 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku
Business Plan Review
Strategic Planning and Implementation