About Miguel Ángel
Miguel Ángel Díez has more than 15 years of experience in debt advisory, financial restructuring and fundraising transactions. He has been involved in the main financial restructurings in Spain since 2008 and has extensive experience in a multitude of industries, including Real Estate, Hospitality, Construction, Building Materials, Retail and Logistics. Additionally, Miguel Ángel has extensive experience in Latin America, having been involved in fundraising operations for tourism groups in Chile, Peru and Colombia.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Miguel Ángel was a Director at PricewaterhouseCoopers for seven years in the Restructuring segment and previously worked on Banco Popular’s global Debt Restructuring team, managing a client’s portfolio with over €100 million debt exposure to the bank.
With extensive experience in negotiating transactions with investment funds and private equity, Miguel Ángel has an excellent relationship with the prominent national and international funds, which has enabled him to achieve structural solutions combining banking and investment solutions.
Miguel Ángel has also participated in Distress M&A processes, having been involved in the sale of several production units in the context of bankruptcy processes.
- Advised on the debt restructuring process, including re-capitalization through new investors, for the Prodiel Renewable Energy Group
- Negotiated a new investor with an equity injection for more than €120m for the Cerealto Siro Group
- Served as a financial advisor to Group OHL in the drafting of an incident-based reporting (“IBR”) for the restructuring of the Group’s debt and the granting of a new working capital financing for €750m
- Acted as a financial advisor to Grupo Bergé in the drafting of an IBR for the debt restructuring the Group's business units (automotive, port activities and logistics) in 2019, which resulted in the minority investment in one of the Group's business units by Mitsubishi Groups
- Served as a financial advisor to the Grupo DIA in the Group's debt restructuring process, which led to the majority shareholding of Letterone Capital’s and the restructuring of the Group's bank debt
- Acted as a financial advisor at Grupo Tubacex for the European Investment Bank (“EIB”) in the negotiation of the deferral of dues and extension of waivers and preparation of an IBR
ESADE, Executive Master in Financial Management
Business Studies, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
Law Studies, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
T: +34 619 718 265
Paseo de Recoletos 3