Pratyush Lal has close to 20 years of experience leading strategic, digital and technical programs to help organizations realize their growth and transformational objectives. Mr. Lal’s industry experience includes retail, manufacturing, technology, financial services and consumer goods.
Mr. Lal’s expertise includes strategy development, digital transformation, revenue growth and data management. He has created value for clients such as Walmart, Costco, Avnet, Coca Cola, Kelloggs, Aflac, Sodimac, Best Buy, Home Depot, B&H Photo, Avid Technologies, Advantage Solutions, Digital River and Hudson’s Bay Company and has helped clients of all sizes ranging from startups to global enterprises.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Lal held senior positions with consulting and software companies, with responsibility for strategy, product management and professional service functions in areas of digital transformation, process improvement, analytics and master data management. Before that he designed toys and equipment for physical education and differently abled children. He joined FTI Consulting as the North American lead for the Performance Analytics practice, before transitioning to Strategic IT.
Mr. Lal has been honored with multiple awards for his professional and academic achievements. He advises startups develop and grow and is a regular speaker at industry events.
- Led the strategy development and go-to-market program for a $250 million private equity portfolio company, multiplying their total addressable market, doubling revenue potential and increasing margin contribution, while utilizing their existing resources
- Led the enterprise data strategy and digital transformation program design and planning for the market leader in audio and video post-production technology, where he helped transition the company to SAAS and subscriptions; created the digital and data architecture and infrastructure to support a recurring revenue business model, integrate channels and launch a direct to consumer channel resulting in increased margins, rationalized assortments, effective business processes and accurate reporting to the street
- Designed the student engagement and journey, digital backbone and operational model for a 15,000-seat online vocational education institution, improving student experience, lead conversion, retention and dropout rates and profitability; guided the school to use data and analytics to better understand and manage their students and key metrics, balancing their risk balancing to ensure compliance with regulations
- Advised one of the leading art auction houses in developing their operating model and cloud platform strategy and harness advanced predictive analytics in real time to drive revenue growth through marketing and performance of real time digital auctions
- Was brought in by the private equity sponsors of a $1.2 billion hard goods distributor to lead a culture change and drive data driven decision making across the business; he designed the data strategy, change management, master data framework, operating model and governance program to drive increased quality, accountability and confidence in the data, enabling the client to use existing teams to improve efficiencies, customer satisfaction and create direct to consumer channels
- Led an end-to-end GDPR compliance program for a large private electronics retailer enabling them to become compliant with the regulation in 12 weeks
- Led a data strategy and compliance program for an industry-leading equipment rental and leasing company, standardizing their global data management and compliance program
Global Economics and Operations Strategy
B.S., Georgia Institute of Technology
M.B.A., Georgia Institute of Technology
T: +1 678 462 8233
1201 W Peachtree Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
Strategic Planning and Implementation