Richard Kim is a member of FTI Capital Advisors, FTI Consulting’s investment banking subsidiary. He is based in Toronto and serves a wide range of clients on investment banking, transaction advisory and restructuring mandates. Mr. Kim specializes in middle market and special situations investment banking services in Canada. He has close to 15 years of experience in mergers and acquisitions (“M&A”) and capital advisory, corporate finance and accounting.
Mr. Kim is a trusted advisor to business owners, management teams, board of directors, private equity investors and other stakeholders on the subject of M&A, divestitures, capital financing and refinancing, special situations and balance sheet restructuring.
He has served clients globally in Canada, the U.S., United Kingdom and France, leading engagements across a wide array of industries including advertising, construction, education, healthcare and nutrition, insurance, manufacturing, mining and metals, pharmaceuticals, retail, technology and transportation.
Prior to joining FTI Capital Advisors, Mr. Kim was a Manager at KPMG LLP, where he specialized in buy-side and sell-side M&A due diligence engagements for private equity firms, pension funds and strategic clients.
Mr. Kim is a Chartered Accountant, a Chartered Public Accountant and holds a B.A. in Economics and Accounting from Wilfrid Laurier University where he graduated with Honours.
- Advised Tepperman’s, a Canadian household product retailer, in securing an asset-based loan secured primarily by the retailer’s consumer loan portfolio
- Advised Harte Gold, a Canadian gold mine owner and operator, in its sale to a strategic party in the context of a CCAA proceeding
- Advised Handil Holdings, a U.S.-based investment company, in its acquisition of Christmas Tree Shops (a former subsidiary of Bed Bath and Beyond)
- Advised Old Time Pottery, a U.S.-based retailer, and its owner Comvest Partners, in the retailer’s Chapter 11 proceedings and refinancing
- Advised Gravitas Financial, a Canadian diversified investment company and merchant bank, and its stakeholders, in the company’s sale process
- Advised Dundee Energy, a Canadian oil and gas company, in its sale to a strategic party in the context of a CCAA proceeding
Chartered Professional Accountant
B.A., Economics and Accounting, Wilfrid Laurier University
T: +1 416.649.8079
TD South Tower, 79 Wellington Street West
Toronto Dominion Centre, Suite 2010, P.O. Box 104
Toronto, ON M5K 1G8
Investment Banking & Capital Solutions