Rob Williams is a Managing Director at FTI Consulting who specialises in real assets tax. Rob has significant experience in providing tax advisory services to real assets companies, investors, developers and managers.
Rob advises on the taxation aspects of real estate, construction, hospitality, infrastructure and renewables. In particular, he focuses on structuring and transactions, including listings and due diligence. His experience spans a broad range of structures, jurisdictions and asset classes.
Rob has worked with a diverse client base including private equity, family offices, private and public companies, institutional funds and public sector bodies. Prior to joining FTI Consulting in 2022, Rob spent 16 years working for Deloitte, Ferrovial and the Real Estate & Construction tax group at BDO.
Rob holds a B.A. with Honors in Management Studies from the University of Nottingham and is a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation and the Association of Taxation Technicians.
- Advisor to numerous UK real estate investment trusts (“REITs”) across their lifecycle from pre-conversion structuring, listing and entry through to exit
- Leader of structuring private and public renewables funds, and on acquisition, refinancing and restructuring of numerous solar and wind special purpose vehicles (“SPVs”) located across Europe and Australia
- Due diligence leader on £130 million office acquisition by private equity joint venture
- Due diligence leader for listed Hong Kong investor on £110 million acquisition of super-prime residential property
- Tax advisor to listed retail and leisure investor on £220 million sale of public houses business
- Due diligence and structuring advisor to UK-REIT on £50 million logistics acquisition from UK institutional investor
- Tax advisor to investment manager on £50 million sale to Employee Ownership Trust
- Due diligence and structuring advisor for acquisition of roads, health and social Private Finance Initiative/Public-Private Partnership SPVs by listed infrastructure fund
- Tax advisor to successful consortium bidder for £550 million Mutual Investment Model road concession