Samantha Friedman specializes in the media and entertainment sector. Ms. Friedman has over ten years of experience in the media and entertainment industry as both a consultant and an operator.
Ms. Friedman has extensive experience developing transformational business strategies for studios and content distributors, creating product and go-to-market strategy for consumer video services, and conducting market and competitive assessments.
Additional focus areas are: advanced advertising strategy, pre-merger strategic integration planning, strategic due diligence and operating model development.
Some of Ms. Friedman’s clients include major pay TV distributors, Hollywood studios, local broadcasters, digital publishers and tech giants, among others.
Ms. Friedman joined FTI Consulting from Accenture Strategy, where she spent more than six years in the CMT Industry Strategy practice. While at Accenture, she consulted for a broad set of new and traditional media-focused clients developing growth initiatives that addressed disruptive market trends including shifting business models, convergence of content windows, digital distribution and emerging technology.
- Designed an enterprise-wide transformation program for a large media conglomerate, focused on organizational redesign and cost reduction
- Oversaw the merger integration activities for the acquisition of a U.S. cable network into a large global media company
- Repriced pay TV packages for a regional MVPD, improving profitability and CLVs
- Built a post COVID-19 3-year forecast for global scripted production spending
- Authored a detailed industry POV on the challenges and requirements to restart production post COVID-19 shut down
- Developed a POV on the future of the U.S. broadcast TV market, identified new growth opportunities, and worked with CEO/CFO to develop a 5-year strategic plan
- Led pre-merger integration planning for two pay TV services, validating expected synergies of over $1 billion and designing a detailed integration roadmap