Steven Fisher is a world-renowned futurist and innovation leader. Steve is an expert in blockchain, crypto assets, decentralized finance (“DeFi”), non-fungible tokens (“NFTs”), Web3 and the metaverse. Throughout his career, he has provided advice in the aerospace, healthcare finance, retail, supply chain, healthcare, insurance and real estate sectors, amongst others.
Steve has always loved the future and has spent the last 20 years as an award-winning strategist, product leader, innovator and designer, helping companies, governments and his own startups leverage the best innovations to compete and win. Steve delivers a valuable mix of venture creation, experience design and innovation strategy to clients in the Web3 ecosystem. Steve's experience covers all aspects of the web3 ecosystem ranging from enterprise blockchain, smart contracts, tokenization, NFT and Metaverse experience design.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Steve was at McKinsey, where he specialized in new venture creation, early-stage investing and business building in the Web3 ecosystem. He worked with clients to build and manage innovation portfolios as well as McKinsey's internal innovation accelerator. He also co-created the Futures Practice which served clients across a variety of long-horizon strategies and speculative design engagements.
Steve founded Slipstream, an early entrant into the on-demand air travel space. He sold that and built many innovation and product organizations. Steve also co-founded The Revolution Factory, a global innovation network partnered with Singularity University focused on funding and building physical and digital solutions to help humanity here on Earth and beyond. Steve’s deep entrepreneurial and startup advising experience led him to co-author the bestseller The Startup Equation (McGraw Hill, 2016) and author several papers on innovation, web3 and futures thinking, which led to the upcoming release of his new book, Design the Future.
- Provided digital asset & cryptocurrency expertise in the bankruptcy of crypto mining organization including business model and technical feasibility assessment for valuation and restructuring
- Developed strategy and business cases for enterprise metaverse using digital twins for a global airline to improve operations, maintenance and customer experience
- Developed enterprise blockchain strategy for pharma quality control (“QC”) supply chain to track and trace the origin of pharmaceuticals, the transport of drugs and the procurement of raw materials
- Lead pilot blockchain project to explore the use of smart contracts and tokenization around digital identity and patient authentication
- Strategy for a large collectibles/auction organization exploring NFTs for connecting physical and digital to further support provenance and authenticity through federated blockchain, deployment of smart contracts and NFTs
- Developed Metaverse strategy and prototype for large theme park exploring NFTs and play to earn model for loyalty programs
- Created and prototyped Metaverse experience for a global pizza company inside of largest virtual world that included NFT strategies and loyalty programs
- Created bespoke incentive-based business models and developed metaverse and NFT strategies for technology and retail clients