Sumeet Gupta leads FTI Consulting’s Digital & AI Transformation practice. He specializes in accelerating growth and profitability through technology and AI driven transformations. His work combines leveraging technology, data and AI, reinventing customer experience and establishing digitally native operating models to drive business transformation and build new digital products and businesses that generate billions in annual revenues. He has served in interim management, CEO and CXO roles to lead transformation and turnaround mandates.
Mr. Gupta's industry expertise spans across retail, consumer products, healthcare, technology, travel & hospitality, financial services and agribusiness. He has led multiple high stakes digital assignments advising Fortune 200 companies and Private Equity firms including Blackstone, Apollo Global, Target, Medtronic, UnitedHealthCare, Optum, Kraft-Heinz, Cargill, Comcast, Roche-Genentech, Sony, Kaiser Permanente, Verizon, Hawaiian Airlines.
Mr. Gupta is a frequent speaker at industry events including Adobe Digital Summit and Salesforce Dreamforce. His work has led to alliance and industry recognition as covered by Gartner, IDC, Forrester, Adobe and Salesforce. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Gupta was an Executive Partner at Publicis Sapient. Before that, he co-founded a technology startup that specialized in building high performance digital platforms and was acquired.
Mr. Gupta conducted artificial intelligence and computational neuroscience research at MIT, IIT and the National Center for Biological Sciences.
- Co-led the launch of a national Fortune 100 retailer’s digital business exiting them from Amazon’s managed partnership which was the largest digital commerce launch at that time
- Served as Chairman and Interim CEO for a digital transformation & AI services business
- Advised a major big box retailer on a multi-year transformation to transform their digital commerce business and in-store experience; this included launching multiple digital commerce, mobile and instore experiences on a custom architected cloud native digital platform and establishing their AI and data sciences COE to deliver continuous digital product optimization with 40% YoY online conversion increase
- Advised a Fortune 100 health insurer on accelerating adoption of customer-centric digital experiences for their payer business and led the reorganization of their national member experience teams into a new digital product organization
- Led a multi-year digital growth transformation for one of the world’s largest agribusinesses to establish their global digital office, launching their digital platform and operating model across the Americas, LATAM, APAC and EMEA; subsequently launched and commercialized over a dozen B2B and B2C digital products in more than 25 countries while rolling out enterprise-wide data, AI and technology modernization initiatives
- Advised a global private equity group on transforming a strategic portfolio company into a next generation AI enabled fintech platform to drive 3x growth and a new direct to consumer business model
- Designed and launched of a global electronics major’s flagship direct to consumer digital commerce business in North America
- Advised a private equity firm on developing a new digital business model for their portfolio company to drive growth and valuation multiples and identified target technology acquisitions
- Managed the launch of B2B and B2C digital commerce business of a Fortune 200 medical technology company in over 20 countries
- Led the post-acquisition redesign and launch of a leading movie ticket digital commerce business in North America
- Redesigned and launched a major North American airlines’ digital channel with new fare classes and personalized promotions
- Advised a major life sciences company to design and launch a new digital health experience center for patients and clinicians
T: +1 214 397 1642
M: +1 415 812 4122
2001 Ross Avenue
Dallas, TX 75201
Data & Analytics