Sumeet Gupta leads FTI Consulting’s Digital Transformation practice in the Americas. Mr. Gupta specializes in accelerating growth and profitability through technology and data driven transformations. His work combines modernizing engineering, harnessing data at scale, reinventing customer experience and establishing digitally native organizations to build and commercialize new digital products, experiences and businesses that generate billions in annual revenues. He has over 20 years of experience helping both privately held and Fortune 500 companies gain competitive advantage through transformative change.
With a breadth of industry knowledge, Mr. Gupta's expertise spans across retail, consumer products, healthcare, technology, travel & hospitality, financial services and agribusiness. He has led multiple award winning, high stakes, high impact digital assignments advising some of the world’s leading companies and PE firms including Blackstone, Apollo Global, Comcast, Roche-Genentech, Sony, Kaiser Permanente, Verizon, Hawaiian Airlines, Target, Medtronic, UnitedHealthCare, Optum, Kraft-Heinz and Cargill.
Mr. Gupta is a frequent speaker at industry events including Adobe Digital Summit and Salesforce Dreamforce. His work has led to alliance and industry recognition as covered by Gartner, IDC, Forrester, Adobe and Salesforce. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Gupta was an Executive Partner at Publicis Sapient in San Francisco and Minneapolis. He was the managing director for Sapient’s digital transformation business in the Midwest. Before that, he was co-founder of a technology startup that specialized in building high performance internet platforms and was acquired by a leading organization in Asia.
- Co-led the launch of a national Fortune 100 retailer’s digital business exiting them from Amazon’s managed partnership which was the largest digital commerce implementation at that time
- Advised a major big box retailer on a multi-year digital transformation to transform their digital commerce business and in-store digital experience; this included migrating them to a custom, open source, microservices based, cloud native platform, launching multiple new mobile products to bridge physical in-store and digital customer experience and establishing their data sciences and personalization COE to deliver continuous data driven product optimization with 40% YoY conversion increase
- Advised a Fortune 100 national health insurer on accelerating adoption of customer-centric digital strategies for their payer business and led the reorganization of their member experience function into a new digital product organization
- Led a multi-year digital growth transformation for one of the world’s largest agribusinesses to establish their global digital experience office, launching their cloud native digital platform across the Americas, LATAM, APAC and EMEA and subsequently launching and commercializing over a dozen concurrent B2B and B2C digital products and experiences in more than 25 countries while executing enterprise-wide customer data platform, IT modernization and DevOps initiatives
- Advised a large private equity group on transforming a strategic portfolio company into a next generation fintech platform to drive 3x growth and a new direct to consumer business model
- Designed and launched of a global electronics major’s flagship direct to consumer digital commerce business in North America
- Advised a private equity firm on developing a new business model for their portfolio company to drive growth and valuation multiples and identified target technology acquisitions
- Managed the roll-out of B2B and B2C digital commerce business of a Fortune 200 medical technology company in over 20 countries
- Led the post-acquisition redesign and launch of a leading movie ticket digital commerce business in North America
- Redesigned and launched a major North American airlines’ digital channel with new fare classes and personalized promotions
- Advised a major life sciences company to design and launch a new digital health experience center for patients and clinicians