Tadashi Yamazaki is a Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment in Japan. He has more than 28 years of consulting and transaction advisory experience across a number of industries including Telecommunications, Media and Technology (“TMT”), Automotive and Industrial Products.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Tadashi founded his own consulting firm specialising in new business and product development management, intellectual property, market strategy and supply chain management for major Japanese listed companies, venture companies and investment funds.
Preceding Tadashi’s current position, he was at a Big Four firm within its Transaction Advisory Service team where he supported clients in intellectual property due diligence, valuation and private mortgage insurance (“PMI”) in mergers and acquisitions (“M&A”) transactions for Japanese and oversees automotive, electronics, telecom and private equity funds. In 2011, he received an award for leading supply chain recovery projects after the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
Tadashi began his career as an engineer, where he was the project lead for the development of the tires for the winning IndyCar team at the World Championships and chief engineer for the Formula One team utilizing the Honda-Mugen engine.
In addition to Tadashi’s deep sector expertise, he frequently advises on artificial intelligence for clients’ digital transformation initiatives as well as innovation projects, including new businesses and technology development. Additionally, he has provided research and development (“R&D”) strategies for a number of Nikkei 100 companies.
- Assisted a number of major Japanese companies with their technology strategy, new business strategy and R&D development
- Assisted a number of major Japanese companies to develop their R&D global management protocol and standardisation
- Assisted a major Japanese electric and factory automation company with its digital transformation strategy related to artificial intelligence
- Assisted a number of major Japanese companies with their intellectual property strategy
- Assisted a major multinational company with its automotive supply chain management strategy
- Assisted on business, technology and intellectual property due diligence projects for a private equity firm and an investment company
- Assisted in post-merger integration projects for several major Japanese TMT and industrial companies