Dispute and Litigation Advisory
It is inevitable that disputes will arise due to the complexity and large capital flows associated with real estate investment, finance, development and operation.
How We Help
The Real Estate Solutions team within FTI Consulting provides clients with valuable insight and clarity. We assist at every phase of the dispute resolution process, starting from early case assessment, pre-litigation strategy and discovery to litigation/mediation consulting, expert testimony and trial. With proven financial, economic and industry expertise, FTI Consulting helps clients unravel challenging business issues and resolve disputes in a cost-effective and expedient manner.
Clients often seek our Dispute and Litigation Advisory team for disputes involving Commercial Real Estate; Hotels, Resorts and Casinos; Residential Real Estate; Senior and Student Housing; Hospitals and Healthcare Facilities; Homebuilding; Land Development; Timeshare and other Fractional Ownership; Tenants-in-Common and Partnerships; Real Estate Lending and Servicing; Real Estate Operating Companies; Whole Loans, CMBS, RMBS, CDOs and CLOs.
- Early case assessment, risk analysis and pre-litigation strategy development
- Persuasive, seasoned and credible expert testimony in federal and state courts, and in domestic and international arbitration
- Investigations and forensic accounting, including corporate investigations, transactional intelligence and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act analyses
- Litigation consulting and support, including evaluating the client’s and opposing expert witnesses
- Sophisticated technology to aid investigations and e-discovery
- Comprehensive trial services, graphics and courtroom technology support
- Partnership and JV disputes
- Landlord-tenant dispute damages analysis and dispute resolution
- Construction delay damages analysis and dispute resolution
- Various CMBS/RMBS counterparty disputes, including breach of representations and warranties
- Bankruptcy-related disputes - Avoidance actions and preference disputes
- Bankruptcy-related disputes - Solvency analysis
- Bankruptcy-related disputes - Valuation disputes
- Bankruptcy-related disputes - Plan confirmation issues, including interest rate and plan feasibility analysis