Office of the Chief Risk Officer Brochure
February 02, 2022
The ever-evolving complexity of today’s global corporate risk landscape requires holistic solutions for Chief Risk Officers and the corporations they serve.
Our solutions are flexible, dynamic, and customizable – allowing our clients to focus on the areas of risk that matter most. FTI Consulting’s multidisciplinary Office of the Chief Risk Officer (OCRO) solution is designed to identify, assess, evaluate, and respond to key risks across the enterprise, business lines, and geographies, helping organizations:
- Achieve strategic objectives
- Strengthen competitive advantage
- Promote sustainability, diversity, and corporate citizenship
- Make efficient and effective operational decisions
- Preserve and enhance reputation
- Detect and defend the company from threats
- Avoid revenue losing events
- Decrease business disruption
- Address government inquiries
Our Competitive Advantage
We provide our clients full-scale or targeted risk assessments, proactive process and control environment improvement capabilities, subject matter support, and investigative services for risk and compliance programs.
Extensive Experience. FTI Consulting's OCRO solution is comprised of former chief risk officers, chief compliance officers, policy makers, executives, regulators, cybersecurity experts, data scientists, actuaries, forensic specialists, strategy and crisis communications professionals, law enforcement and intelligence officials, insurance experts, and other critical subject matter experts with first-hand experience designing, assessing, and implementing leading risk management programs on a global scale.
Global Platform. FTI Consulting has nearly four decades of experience in impacting some of the world’s largest and most complex challenges, many of which have dominated global business, financial, and public policy discourse. With offices in every major financial center and across the globe, we successfully serve our clients wherever challenges and opportunities arise.
Integrated & Comprehensive. Individually, each practice is a leader in its specific field, staffed with experts recognized for the depth of their knowledge and a track record of making an impact. Collectively, FTI Consulting offers a comprehensive suite of services designed to assist clients across the business cycle – from proactive risk management to rapid response abilities regarding unexpected events and dynamic environments.
Industry Experience. No two industries are the same. FTI Consulting provides the knowledge, focus, and skill to help clients compete in a global economy where success relies on crossing industries and borders. We offer deep, practical industry expertise to ensure that we deliver solutions that work.
Business & Strategic Risk
Enterprises are making strategic choices and business decisions in the face of complex and dynamic macro-economic, competitive, and regulatory landscapes, posing challenges and risks to the successful execution of an organization’s strategy.
FTI Consulting provides an integrated approach to strategic planning and risk management that emphasizes understanding, evaluating, and mitigating potential adverse scenarios to improve the effectiveness of strategic decision making.
- Enterprise risk management
- ESG, reputational, and strategic risk assessments, including: Customer behaviors, emerging technologies, competition, new products, political changes
- Technology, digital, and cybersecurity transformations
- Blockchain program development, implementation, and assessments
- Comprehensive M&A due diligence
- Audit and special committee investigations
- Intellectual property protection
- Risk retention and risk transfer modeling and analysis
- Selection of appropriate risk treatment vehicles: Insurance, self-insurance, alternative risk mechanisms
- Strategic insurance program right-sizing
- Supply chain risk assessment and mitigation
Organizations recognize the consequences of failing to maintain resilient processes and infrastructure to support their critical business services and protect their proprietary and third-party assets
FTI Consulting helps businesses evaluate and strengthen their current environments, holistically respond to incidents, and sustainably recover their operations and reputation after an incident has occurred.
- People and change management
- Operational resiliency and business continuity assessments, testing, and roadmaps
- Third-party / vendor risk management
- Master data management, information governance, and data privacy
- Cybersecurity readiness, incident response, and investigation services
- Technology risk management and IT disaster recovery support
- Artificial intelligence (AI) enablement and model reviews
- AI / machine learning bias and fairness review
- Fraud risk management
- Business and operational transformation
- Product and transaction liability
- Directors and Officers liability
- Broker advisory and evaluation processes
- Insurance renewal and risk advisory
- Interim and outsourced risk management support
- Business interruption and other coverage reviews and disputes
Understanding, modeling, and predicting a company’s financial exposures has become an increasingly sophisticated practice.
FTI Consulting works with clients to identify risk drivers, define and model scenarios, and report and mitigate risks that they may face now or in the future.
- Credit risk
- Market risk (e.g., FX, interest rates, inflation)
- Liquidity risk management
- Asset and liability management
- Capital management
- Models and algorithms
- SEC accounting advisory
- Accounting and restatements advisory
- Insurable and risk finance
- M&A due diligence, integration, and carveout stand-up
- Actuarial reserve analyses
- Collateral and escrow analyses and right-sizing
- Loss portfolio transfers
- Securing excess of loss recoveries
- Asset tracing and cryptocurrency investigations
- Casualty claims modeling and analysis
Regulatory Compliance Risk
Organizations continue to face a more complex and rapidly evolving regulatory environment where the consequences of non-compliance can have severe financial and reputational impacts.
FTI Consulting identifies an organization’s regulatory obligations, anticipates future changes, implements robust compliance frameworks and infrastructure, and investigates and remediates deficiencies.
- Compliance program assessment, development, remediation, and enforcement advisory
- Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) / Anti-money Laundering (AML)
- Anti-bribery and corruption / Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Export controls and sanctions
- Consumer regulation
- Regulatory remediation (e.g., matter requiring attention, consent orders, enforcement actions, monitorships)
- Cybersecurity compliance
- Data privacy compliance
- Ethics and integrity program development and training
- Conflicts of interest
- Taxation services
- Economic sanctions analytics
Additional Case Studies
February 02, 2022
Senior Managing Director, Leader of Technology Transformation
Senior Managing Director, Leader of Securities, Commodities and Derivatives
Senior Managing Director, Global Head of Cybersecurity
Senior Managing Director, Leader of Financial Services
Senior Managing Director, Head of Information Governance, Privacy & Security