Abuse Allegations Claims Management
Administering Claims for a Faith-Based Organization
April 11, 2023
- In response to a request from client leadership, multiple locations of a faith-based organization initiated independent compensation programs to help resolve claims alleging sexual abuse of minors.
- Retained counsel had been asked to investigate, administrate and mediate individual claims arising out of sexual abuse of minors by client employees.
- FTI Consulting was retained to assist the Administrator in the back-shop administration of the program.
- Designed and maintained various claimant service data portals for the registration and tracking of claimant details and claim status.
- Operated a daily claimant call center for each individual location program.
- Performed screening and periodic investigations of registrants’ and claimants’ backgrounds.
- Produced all necessary program related materials to assist victims, including claimant communications.
- Mailed and tracked all claimant communications. Performed skip tracing activities for undeliverable mail.
- Performed special reporting and data analysis on behalf of the Administrator and individual locations.
As the result of FTI Consulting’s work, the Administrator was able to process approximately 7,000 claims through the various claimant data portals.