Data Breach Support Service Sheet
Assessment of Exposed Data
October 08, 2021
Data Breach Support Service SheetDownloadsDownload Service Sheet
Data breaches are accelerating in frequency and severity. Organisations are increasingly needing to assess large volumes of data in short timeframes to respond to mandatory data breach notification requirements and keep clients, customers and staff safe.
Combining industry-leading e-discovery and digital forensics capabilities with seasoned privacy and crisis response professionals, FTI Consulting can support your data breach response to help minimise damage, protect your customers and company reputation, meet regulatory requirements and ensure business continuity.
When responding to a data breach, it’s critical to understand:
- Potentially compromised data and if it involved the ‘exposure’ of data. e.g., stolen, lost or unintentionally published
- Different types of information within the exposed data - including personal information
- What the risks are and whether to notify regulators and affected individuals
How can FTI Consulting help?
Our multidisciplinary team can help you quickly and defensibly assess and review exposed data and progress your data breach response process by:
- providing compliance advice on applying regulatory timeframes and obligations
- mapping, capturing and preserving exposed data
- processing exposed data
- locating potential personal information and culling irrelevant data
- assembling a global team for cross-border matters, drawing on FTI Consulting’s global expertise to ensure local compliance and to leverage our custom methodologies
- enabling review by in-house or external counsel, or establishing a scalable managed review service to meet regulatory timeframes, identify affected individuals and locate contact details
- ensuring effective stakeholder communication
- reviewing and improving your data breach response processes and cybersecurity measures.
Click here to read the full service sheet
October 08, 2021
Senior Managing Director
Senior Managing Director, Head of Australia Cybersecurity