- Senior Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +1 416 300 4840
- F: +1 416 649 8101
- TD South Tower, 79 Wellington Street West
- Toronto Dominion Centre, Suite 2010, P.O. Box 104
- Toronto, ON, M5K 1G8
- T: +1 416 649 8100
- F: +1 416 649 8101
- B.A., Economics and Finance, York University
- M.M.P.A, University of Toronto
- Chartered Accountant
- Chartered Professional Accountant
- Corporate Finance Specialist
- Canadian Venture Capital Association
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA), Global Board of Trustees
- Corporate Finance
- Investment Banking & Capital Solutions
Adam Zalev is a Senior Managing Director in the Turnaround & Restructuring practice and is a member of FTI Capital Advisors in Canada, FTI Consulting's investment banking subsidiary.
With more than 20 years of experience in special situations, Mr. Zalev has advised management, corporate boards, shareholders and lenders on acquisitions, divestitures, financings, refinancings and balance sheet restructurings. He has also served clients across a variety of industries, including manufacturing, retail, distribution, cannabis, construction, energy, real estate, hospitality and automotive.
Mr. Zalev’s recent experience has included acting as financial advisor to:
- The Green Organic Dutchman Inc. in connection with its combined equity and senior debt capital raise.
- TD Asset Management in connection with the sale process and restructuring of Gravitas Financial Inc. and its subsidiaries.
- Ben Moss Jewelers in connection with its restructuring and sale of certain assets to Charm Jewelry Centres.
- FirstOnSite LLP in connection with its sale to Delos Capital Partners.
- GolfSmith/Golftown and OMERS in connection with the sale and restructuring of GolfSmith/Golftown.
- Comark Inc. in connection with its restructuring and sale to Stern Partners.
- WestLB AG in connection with its financing and sale of the Pond Bay Project in St. John USVI.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Zalev was a Managing Director at Alvarez & Marsal in Toronto, where he launched and led the firm’s Canadian Investment Banking business. Before that role, he was a Vice President in Corporate Finance at KPMG.
In addition to Mr. Zalev’s experience he is also a Chartered Professional Accountant and holds a Corporate Finance Specialist designation from the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales. He is also a registered Exempt Market Dealer with the Canadian Securities Regulators and a licensed FINRA general securities representative in Series 7, 63 and 79.
Mr. Zalev holds a B.A. in Economics and Finance from York University and a Master of Management and Professional Accounting from the Rothman School of Management. In 2015, Mr. Zalev was named as a recipient of the 40 Under 40 Emerging Leaders Award from M&A Advisor.