- Senior Managing Director
- T: +1 312 861 4714
- M: + 1 312 363 8663
- F: +1 312 759 8119
- 227 West Monroe Street
- Suite 900
- Chicago, IL, 60606
- United States
- T: +1 312 759 8100
- F: +1 312 759 8119
- B.B.A., Finance, Iowa State University
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
David is a Senior Managing Director in FTI Technology’s E-discovery Consulting & Services and Digital Forensics & Investigations practices. He brings more than two decades of experience assisting clients with all aspects of technology and its use for e-discovery and forensic analytics in compliance, investigations and litigation. Current and past clients span domestic and global corporations in financial services, life sciences, communications, high technology, energy and mining industries, for which he has provided expertise in advanced data analytics and computer forensics.
David has also led numerous projects throughout the U.S. and internationally for corporations and law firms to decrease the cost and risk associated with analysis, preservation, collection, processing and review of electronically stored information (ESI). David’s work at FTI Technology includes advising clients on the use of advanced analytics and developing new solutions that address challenges in complex legal matters such as class action and civil litigation, as well as high-stakes regulatory inquiries and internal investigations.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, David spent 15 years in leadership positions at consulting firms including EY, Kroll and Navigant, where he gained a broad technology background across computer forensics, complex data challenges, enterprise networking, software design and development and system implementations.
- Led a global e-discovery team in response to the U.S. Department of Justice regarding allegations of anti-competitive practices. Data was collected from over 250 custodians in eight countries, and processed and hosted in three countries.
- Retained as a third-party e-discovery expert by the special committee to the Board of Directors for a large communications company in a $500 million trade secret suit. Provided an audit and review of the defensibility of e-discovery procedures, and an affidavit of the findings.
- Assisted a large, diversified energy provider with the analysis of its risk exposure, legal preservation process and legal hold compliance program. The effort resulted in recommendations for policy, procedure and technology improvements for the company's legal notification and data preservation methodologies.
- Led a team investigating a phishing email breach to understand the breadth and depth of compromised accounts and potential leakage of personally identifiable information (PII).
- Led forensic data analysis for a large Canadian bank in response to a regulatory inquiry by the Ontario Securities Commission regarding alleged overcharging of fees to investment clients. David oversaw the team tasked with interpreting data from the client's systems to identify impacted customers and the corresponding remediation for overpayment of fees.