- Senior Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +61 2 8247 8058
- F: +61 2 8247 8099
- Level 15, 50 Pitt Street
- Sydney, NSW, 2000
- T: +61 2 8247 8000
- F: +61 2 8247 8099
- B.Bus., Accounting and Finance, University of Technology Sydney
- Registered and Official Liquidator
- Chartered Accountant, Australia
- Justice of the Peace (JP)
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
- Financial Institutions
- Retail & Consumer Products
Joseph Hansell is a specialist in corporate recovery, restructuring, and turnaround management in Australia advising corporates, lenders and capital providers.
Joseph has industry expertise in retail, property, manufacturing, aviation, managed investment schemes and financial services and products.
For 20 years, Joseph has worked on a range of corporate restructuring and recovery matters (receiverships, voluntary administrations and liquidations) which have involved the trade on and sale of distressed businesses, conducting independent business reviews, investigations into corporate failures and litigation for the recovery of debts, antecedent and insolvent transactions.
Joseph has developed extensive experience in corporate advisory matters which have primarily involved providing strategic advice, assisting in negotiations and developing solutions with respect to a range of reconstruction and turnaround proposals.
Joseph is valued by his clients in evaluating business operations and finances, liquidation analysis, liquidity forecasting, analysing collateral, covenant renegotiations, and providing advice on options and contingency planning.
- KJM Contractors - Receiver and Manager of a large vertically integrated manufacturing and transport operator to the oil and gas sector - Trade on a sale of business and property to recover AU$70m in debt.
- Identity Direct - Voluntary Administrator of a leading online global retailer and manufacturer of personalised children's products - Pre-packaged VA, trade on and going concern sale.
- One of world largest hard coking open-cut coal miners - Advisor to the board with respect to solvency and the adequacy of AU$2.3bn in debt facilities.
- Surfstitch Group (ASX: SRF) – Listed global eCommerce surf, skate, snow retailer - Advisor and Voluntary Administrator - Contingency planning, trade on, M&A of subsidiaries, settlement of legal proceedings and a DOCA.
- Allco Aviation - Trade on and sale of Allco Aviation’s leasing book to HNA Group. 60+ aircraft, book value AU$3bn +, 23 international non-recourse lenders.