- Senior Managing Director
- Economic & Financial Consulting
- T: +33 1 53 05 36 17
- F: +33 01 40 08 12 59
- 86 Boulevard Haussmann
- Paris, 75008
- T: +33 1 47 03 68 10
- F: +33 01 40 08 12 59
- M.S., Finance, Université Paris-Dauphine
- Cross-border Litigation
- Expert Testimony
- International Arbitration
- Legal Services
- Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT)
- Energy, Power & Products
Matthias Cazier-Darmois is a Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting. Matthias works in the Economic and Financial Consulting practice, and is based in Paris. He has more than ten years of experience of assessing damages in the context of complex commercial disputes including breaches of contracts, expropriations of assets or companies, breaches of warranties and representations, breaches of fiduciary duties, transfers of shares below market value or unfair prejudices to minority shareholders. Matthias has led teams in relation to over 40 cases before several jurisdictions and in a broad range of industries.
Before joining the firm in June 2009, Matthias was at LECG and, before that, a member of Deloitte’s forensic and dispute services team. Matthias spent more than half of his professional career based in London and relocated to Paris in 2014.
Examples of recent representative engagements include:
- Valuing a joint venture with interests in uranium mines following the alleged prejudicial dilution of one of the joint venture partners by the other that gave rise to a dispute before the London Court of International Arbitration.
- Valuing electricity generation plants in the context of a dispute between bondholders and equity investors before the Royal Court of Justice.
- Assessing the future profits lost as a result of the early termination of a gas supply contract between a CIS gas trader and a European wholesale supplier before the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce.
- Valuing a mobile phone company following its alleged expropriation by a West African state in an ICSID procedure.
- Providing expert advice and testifying on the alleged losses suffered by a claimant as a result of the early termination of a large-scale infrastructure project in the MENA region in an ICSID arbitration.
- Assessing the lost profits of a gas trading company and valuing the equity of the company in related proceedings before several international arbitrations forums (ICC, ICSID, UNCITRAL, and CRCICA).
- Valuing companies alleged to have been sold below their market value shortly before the seller entered into bankruptcy proceedings on behalf of a court appointed administrator.
- Valuing assets is special situations with high risks of subsequent disputes over transaction price.
- Performing quantum related due diligences on behalf of third party funders.