- Senior Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +44 20 3727 1568
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- 200 Aldersgate
- Aldersgate Street
- London, EC1A 4HD
- United Kingdom
- T: +44 20 3727 1000
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- Forensic Litigation Consulting
Nigel Webb is a Senior Managing Director and head of the Financial Services practice based in London. His 30 year career has encompassed both consulting and business roles across a very broad range of the wholesale banking world.
An econometrician by training, Nigel’s early career was spent at Drexel Burnham and Banker’s Trust where he was involved in the pricing and structuring of complex interest rate derivative products. Later, as a Partner at Arthur Andersen, he was responsible for forming and building a practice consulting to major financial institutions on the design and implementation of firm wide risk management. As worries about market risk increasingly evolved into worries about market abuse and rogue trading, his scope of practice expanded to encompass risk and control frameworks across the broad range of market, credit and operational risks.
Following a period at JP Morgan during which he was responsible for Risk and Technology for the EMEA Alternative Investments Business, he has for the last 8 years, principally undertaken work investigating and remediating regulatory breaches by both small and substantial financial institutions.
Specific examples of Nigel’s relevant experience:
- For a Global UK-based bank, established and led a conduct remediation programme incorporating a review of client lifecycle and product lifecycle
- For a Universal Bank, established and managed a remediation response to regulatory criticism of client onboarding, due diligence and ongoing review processes
- For a major UK wholesale bank, establishing and embedding a framework of conduct-related Policies, Procedures and Controls in the light of regulatory concerns
- For a European banking group, the design of a consistent customer pricing framework for wholesale banking products, having regard for the requirements of MiFID I and II
- For the wholesale division of a US bank, establishing and embedding a global risk and compliance operating model to oversee its operations across EMEA, the US and APAC
- For a US-bank, established a tactical transaction monitoring platform in response to regulatory criticism of the number of unresolved false-positives resulting from their existing solution
- For an international interdealer-broker, designed and managed the performance of a 7-year backtest of FX transactions, identifying suspicious trading patterns