- Senior Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +1 416 649 8053
- F: +1 416 649 8101
- TD South Tower, 79 Wellington Street West
- Toronto Dominion Centre, Suite 2010, P.O. Box 104
- Toronto, ON, M5K 1G8
- T: +1 416 649 8100
- F: +1 416 649 8101
- B.A., Economics, University of Sheffield
- Licensed Trustee in Bankruptcy
- Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (CAIRP)
- Insolvency Institute of Canada
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA), Global Board of Trustees
- Corporate Finance
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
- Retail & Consumer Products
- Automotive & Industrial
- Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT)
Paul Bishop specializes in advising management of troubled companies, the formulation and implementation of reorganization strategies, business rescues and turnarounds. Mr. Bishop has over 35 years of international restructuring expertise in Canada, Great Britain and Bermuda. He also has experience in a wide range of industries, including retail and consumer products, mining, construction, manufacturing, media and technology, marketing and hospitality.
Mr. Bishop is currently Chief Restructuring Officer in the Canntrust Inc. CCAA proceedings, the Court Appointed Monitor in the Imperial Tobacco, Sears Canada and Payless Shoes CCAA proceedings. Prior to these court appointments, Mr. Bishop acted as financial advisor to each company.
In addition to these current engagements, Mr. Bishop served as company financial advisor and subsequent Court Appointed Monitor in the restructuring and sale of Canwest Publishing, the largest Canadian newspaper publisher, and of Cinram International Inc., an international manufacturer and distributor of Blu-ray and other entertainment media. Mr. Bishop’s experience also includes acting as advisor to a leading international loyalty and marketing company; advisor in the restructuring of several Canadian auto parts manufacturers; advisor to the USW in the Stelco and Algoma restructurings; and restructuring advisor to a leading North American generic drug manufacturer.
In 2008, Mr. Bishop and four colleagues launched FTI Consulting’s operations in Canada. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Bishop was Partner in the Restructuring practice at PwC in Toronto.