- Senior Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +49 89 242 120 11
- F: +49 89 242 120 01
- Salvatorstrasse 3
- Floor 4
- München, 80333
- T: +49 89 242120 0
- F: +49 89 242101 01
- Diplom-Ingenieur (FH), Civil Engineering, Munich University of Applied Sciences
- Consulting Engineer of the Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers
- Member of the Academy of Experts
- German Institution of Arbitration
- German Institution for Arbitration (DIS)
- Swiss Arbitration Association
- Member of International Association for Contract & Commercial Management (IACCM)
- Member of DGA-Bau (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Außergerichtliche Streitbeilegung im Bauwesen)
- Diversified Industrials
- Energy, Power & Products
- Real Estate
- Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT)
- Transportation & Logistics
Thomas Hofbauer, a Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting. He is a member of the Forensic and Litigation Consulting practice and is based in Munchen.
Thomas works in the Constructions Solutions practice and is a civil engineer with over 20 years’ experience in the construction and engineering industries and act as both delay and quantum expert, in English and German language disputes.
Thomas is also a member of the Bavarian Chamber of Engineers and his background is in strategic procurement, contract management and claims management for buildings, infrastructure, industrial, IT, power and rolling stock projects across Europe. His contract and claims management activities range from contract advice through to final account settlement.
Thomas specializes in contract and risk analysis as well as in delivering project audits to assess delay, disruption, damages and cost for projects up to €2 billion with disputed values in excess of €500 million. Thomas has given evidence in arbitral proceedings at the ICC in Paris, the VIAC in Vienna and the SCAI in Zurich and has acted as an expert for disputes in Austria, China, France, Germany, Russia, South Africa, Switzerland, Turkey and the UK.
Thomas has lectured on international project management at the University of Applied Sciences in Stuttgart for more than four years and continues to regularly advise clients, within the German speaking countries, on a variety of large-scale, national and international projects. He also delivers regular lectures on ‘the expert in arbitration’ at the Swiss Academy of Arbitration for the certificate of advanced studies (CAS) in arbitration qualification. In addition to this he provides claims management training to a range of clients and sit on the advisory board for the MBA course, ‘International Commercial and Contract Management’, at the Dresden International University.