W. Alex Unterkoefler
- Senior Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +1 212 499 3629
- F: +1 212 841 9350
- Three Times Square
- 9th Floor
- New York, NY, 10036
- United States
- T: +1 212 247 1010
- F: +1 212 841 9350
- B.S., Accounting, Illinois State University
- Certified Public Accountant, New York
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Society of Insurance Financial Management (SIFM)
- Litigation Support & Consulting Services
- Forensic Accounting & Investigations
- Accounting Restatement
- Insurance Claims Analysis
- Risk Management & Internal Controls
- Financial Institutions
Alex Unterkoefler is a Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting with 25 years of experience. He specializes in business consulting for the Insurance and Reinsurance industries. He has served as co-leader for an international Global Consulting group and Leader of a $50 million U.S. Consulting practice.
Recent projects include forensic accounting investigations; dispute resolution and support for arbitration and litigation matters including fact and expert reports for client management and legal counsel.
Alex works arduously with clients to develop and transition new go-forward operations on projects such as process remediation; process change and transformation; and finance operational improvement.
Alex has led projects covering complex reconciliation; process and reporting changes; financial operations planning and analysis; contract compliance and analysis; fraud investigations; data integrity; internal audit and statutory and financial accounting initiatives.
Before joining FTI Consulting, Alex was a Partner at Mazars USA for nine years. His prior experience also includes a leadership position as a Senior Managing Director at SMART Business Advisory and Consulting where he spent 10 years. He started his career at PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Alex holds a B.S. in Accounting from Illinois State University, and is a Certified Public Accountant, New York.