As reliance on personal data grows, companies must continue to innovate in the face of increased privacy regulation, evolving privacy expectations from customers, and profitability demands from shareholders. Because of this, organizations in all industries and geographic sectors now face a highly complex operational, reputational and regulatory data privacy risk environment. Organizations turn to FTI Consulting to deliver practical solutions that not only reduce risks associated with privacy compliance obligations, but also identify and increase the value in their personal data.
How We Help
We know and understand that privacy isn’t just a regulatory compliance issue but is also a strategic business issue. Our seasoned practitioners know that while policies, standards and discrete guidance documents are extremely important, privacy risk and compliance must be proactive and fully integrated throughout an organization’s business functions and processes. Our customized services provide regulatory, reputational and operational risk coverage to clients of all sizes and complexity. We quickly assess risk tolerance, program scope, specific program work activities, and high-risk areas requiring extra attention and stakeholder involvement.
Our global senior team has decades of field experience and is adept at designing and implementing solutions around diverse global privacy regulations. Our goal is to deliver meaningful, “regulator ready” results that improve personal data handling practices throughout your enterprise. Our solutions focus on active remediation of risk through business process re-engineering, enterprise system modifications, functional reorganization, legacy modernization, and even new technology implementation.
Engage us to:
- Determine corporate data privacy priorities, and validate personal data handling and security practices of third-party partners
- Increase value and utility of personal data
- Develop, design and implement privacy programs, and optimize program functionality and enable automated controls
- Enhance program integration and privacy risk awareness
- Enable privacy tech — vendor selection, requirements gathering, design, and implementation
- Gain support on transactions, including new venture, M&A privacy due diligence and post-acquisition integration support
- Perform regulatory assessments (e.g., compliance gap assessments across global privacy and security regulations) and support regulatory process implementation (e.g., regulatory affairs support, complaints and inquiries handling, data subject rights request response, consent tracking, etc.)
- Perform privacy risk management assessments and quantitative analysis, devise risk treatment roadmaps and recommendations, and perform control monitoring and reviewing
- Support day-to-day privacy program management with on-call response services, including data protection officer (DPO) as a service