Legal Hold Management
Because today’s compliance laws and regulations require organizations to dispose of data, now more than ever, those organizations must understand their data disposal obligations. When they need help determining what to keep and what to delete, all while remaining compliant, organizations in all sectors and their legal counsel rely on FTI Consulting. Our senior practitioners, who have decades of industry, legal and technical experience, help global organizations update their legal hold, preservation and e-discovery processes throughout the entire electronic discovery reference model (EDRM).
How We Help
We help our clients safeguard that the legal hold and downstream e-discovery processes in their organization remain efficient, cost-effective and defensible. Services are tailored to meet your specific needs. Our team offers deep experience in investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management and restructuring. We are an integrated, multidisciplinary team of forensic experts, corporate investigation specialists and technology and e-discovery professionals who have assisted in many of the largest e-discovery matters of the past decade.
Engage us to:
- Interview and partner with an organization’s IT, information security and legal departments to ensure input and transparency with key stakeholders on policy development and implementation
- Modernize the legal hold program with new technologies and more accurately scoped preservation requirements
- Collaborate with IT and legal teams to develop defensible policies around mailbox quotas, auto-deletion, data archiving, automatic classification, retention settings, and search and retrieval processes
- Evaluate the pros and cons of various collection methodologies for the organization, including Microsoft Office 365 collection features, third-party collection software and archiving software collection tools
- Scanning BYOD devices before employees leave the organization to identify and remediate sensitive data, including personally identifiable information (PII) and trade secrets
- Move e-discovery’s “analysis” process upstream, even prior to preservation, to better understand key facts sooner
- Utilize analytics and reporting on data volumes and key concepts to better arm outside counsel in meet and confer and settlement negotiations
Our experts have extensive experience working with Microsoft Office 365 as well as off-the-shelf and proprietary storage and e-discovery platforms and applications. Whether your data is stored on-premises or in the cloud, we safeguard that the information is secured, collected, migrated, remediated, disposed of or monitored as needed. Our team also develops defensible documentation, and has the experience and credentials to testify in court about methods used for any information governance project.
Meet Our Experts
V. Scott Foster
Senior Managing Director, Head of Australia Technology & E-Discovery
Senior Managing Director, Head of Information Governance, Privacy & Security
Chris Mitchell, CIMP
Senior Managing Director
New York, NY
Senior Managing Director
London, United Kingdom