Accounting Advisory & Restatements
How we can help
How We Help
Our experienced global team of technical accountants assists clients with the most complex accounting, financial reporting and regulatory matters. Our goal is to react quickly, efficiently and confidently to maintain and restore credibility of the organization’s financial reporting. Clients rely on us to resolve matters with minimum disruption to their businesses and to avoid recurrences by recommending appropriate remediation. When potential restatements or irregularities arise, our decades-tested approaches enable us to efficiently gather facts, interview all parties, reconstruct corporate books, analyze issues and assess claims, and prepare reports and presentations that stand up to regulatory and judicial scrutiny.
Clients also rely on our specific industry experience for accountants’ liability defense and other issues, particularly when we are needed to serve as testifying experts or as independent monitors. For years, we have given evidence both for and against the government, enhancing credibility with juries and courts around the world while speeding up the time to resolution for all parties.
Engage us for assistance with:
- Complex accounting and financial reporting under GAAP, international financial reporting standards, and SEC rules and regulations
- Accounting matters related to new products and services, financing and IPOs, and bankruptcies and restructuring, including fresh start accounting
- Identifying, collecting and analyzing relevant financial and accounting data, including financial statement preparation and external audit support
- Developing investigative procedures that identify the magnitude and root causes of alleged fraud
- Advising counsel/client on interpretations of relevant technical accounting and financial reporting issues
- Developing search terms and reviewing email and other electronic communications
- Assisting counsel with conducting witness interviews
- Presenting accounting findings and recommendations to counsel, audit committees, boards of directors, external auditors and regulators
- Providing receiver, trustee and independent monitorship services
- Reporting of nonfinancial information, including that related to environmental, social and corporate governance topics and requirements