Merger Integration & Carve-Outs
Organizations undergoing major transitions — mergers and buy- and sell-side carve-outs — need transaction support that mitigates risk, helps minimize business disruption and accelerates the evolution to the new company operating model. At many of the world’s top-performing public and private companies, senior executives (heads of corporate development and strategy, CFOs, and chief integration officers in charge of a transaction and the requisite integration of corporate entities) rely on FTI Consulting for transaction support and advisory to complete the deal successfully, efficiently and without delay.
How We Help
Clients across the globe partner with us when they need to maximize the value of their transactions. Our acute focus on both the customer and employee experience helps minimize disruptions during periods of significant change and ensure smooth and swift transitions to new business operating models. Our senior professionals, who are based in every key global market, have decades of experience providing proven, flexible support structures to organizations undergoing major transitions. These structures and processes are designed to quickly adapt to shifts in requirements in the integration planning and execution process.
Clients rely on our expertise to drive value through the creation of integration plans that enable successful execution of your strategic objectives while optimizing revenue and cost synergies. You benefit from the breadth and depth of our service offerings that support you throughout the entire M&A transaction life cycle, from pre-deal efforts through post-integration. Clients rely on our experts to:
- Provide an optimal support team with the required industry and transaction expertise
- Perform comprehensive due diligence prior to a deal, including financial, commercial operational, technical, human capital, and tax
- Assess standalone, one-time and stranded costs in a carve-out situation
- Provide clean room services
- Execute Day 1 through Day 100+ cross-functional interim and desired state planning, including timing for revenue and cost synergy capture
- Serve as interim management to fulfill needed leadership gaps during a carve-out or management transition
- Design and negotiate transition service agreements (TSAs)
- Design target state customer experience (CCXP) models
- Develop and implement plans for revenue acceleration and sales effectiveness
- Develop, create and implement organizational design changes, culture and change management programs and pre- and post-close communications plans