Assad Chaudhri has 20 years of experience, providing restructuring advice and financial solutions to a wide range of stakeholders in stressed and distressed situations. He has been based in the Middle East since 2011.
As an experienced adviser to lenders, Assad leads the restructuring process end to end, from the establishment of a robust information platform (IBRs, short term liquidity, debt/security structure), assessment of options/contingency planning, to negotiation/execution of the commercial deal.
As an experienced financial/operational adviser to corporates and a former CFO, Assad adds value in stressed and distressed situations, adopting a structured/pragmatic approach to the development of a common information platform to underpin the restructuring process. This includes leading the development of cash management offices, interim finance leadership roles and the development of bankable restructuring proposals.
Assad has worked across multiple sectors including building materials, contracting, education, financial services, food and beverage, healthcare, oilfield services, outsourcing, petrochemicals, power and utilities, real estate, retail, shipping, telecoms.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Assad spent most of his career in Big 4 restructuring teams both in London and the UAE. He also served as CFO of a private family office portfolio company in Abu Dhabi, with operations in North America and East Africa.
- Dubai World: Financial advisor to the Creditor Monitoring Panel on the US$ 25bn restructuring of Dubai’s GRE owning assets across ports, ship building, real estate, hospitality, gaming and private equity.
- Amlak Finance: Financial advisor to the Lender Monitoring Committee through restructuring of the US$ 2bn Islamic facility.
- Drydocks World: Financial Advisor to the CoCom on the USD 2bn restructuring of ship building and repair assets in Dubai.
- JBF RAK (financial adviser to CoCom), BIC Contracting (IBR for shareholder), Al Futtaim Contracting (IBR for shareholder), Qstec (IBR for shareholder).
- NMC Health: Implemented crisis cash management process and rapid roll out of short-term cash forecast across a complex Group with c250 legal entities.
- KBBO Group: Established rapid visibility on short-term cash across the Group.
- ADPC: Power and utilities sector cash flow forecast across all key OpCos in Abu Dhabi.
- Al Futtaim Contracting: Accelerated business planning to support M&A deal / new money and short-term cash management.
T: +971 52 319 8865
Office C1408 and C1401, Level 14
Burj Daman Office Tower, Al Mustaqbal Street
P.O. Box 71253
United Arab Emirates
Restructuring / Turnaround Services