Beau Roy specializes in providing financing, M&A and restructuring advisory services to clients in the aviation industry. Mr. Roy began his career over 25 years ago, providing restructuring and strategic advisory services to companies and creditors across a variety of industries.
Mr. Roy’s experience includes business plan development and assessment, debt financing for aircraft and engine acquisitions, sale/leaseback transactions, sourcing public and private equity capital, fleet restructurings, §1110 stipulations, labor contract negotiations, buy- and sell-side advisory mandates, DIP and exit financing, §363 sale processes, valuation, exchange offers, and litigation support. Mr. Roy has been called to testify in U.S. Bankruptcy Court on a variety of topics.
Prior to FTI Consulting, Mr. Roy worked in Imperial Capital’s Corporate Finance practice, where he focused heavily on aviation and included advisory roles at Pinnacle Airlines, Republic Airlines, Mesa Airlines, Global Aviation, Aloha Airlines, and Virgin America. Advisory assignments for Official Committees of Unsecured Creditors included members from United, Delta, American, ALPA, Teamsters, lessors, maintenance providers and trade vendors.
Mr. Roy's work has been recognized by the Turnaround Atlas Awards, (2011 Corporate Turnaround Deal of the Year ($1+ billion) for Mesa Airlines), by Airfinance Journal (2015 Regional Jet/Turboprop Deal of the Year for Mesa Airlines) and by The M&A Advisor (2018 Debt Financing of the Year nominee for AeroCentury).
Mr. Roy earned a commission in the U.S. Navy through the R.O.T.C. program.
- Mesa Air Group, Inc.: served as financial advisor to the company on a series of transactions, including a note exchange; a Chapter 11 restructuring and related preparatory work for a case focused on the reduction of over 100 aircraft from the fleet and renegotiation of its customer contracts; the sourcing and financing of approximately 60 growth aircraft and related spare engines; the structured sale of pre-IPO equity interests in Spirit Airlines; lease deferrals; lease buyouts and related financing; ex-im financing for aircraft and MRO services; and buy-side diligence.
- Republic Airways, Inc.: Served as financial advisor to the unsecured creditors committee in a case focused on right-sizing and stabilizing the debtors’ operations while ensuring appropriate governance measures for a reorganized debtor that was to be majority owned by the carrier’s three primary customers, American, United and Delta.
- AeroCentury, Inc.: Served as financial advisor to the company in negotiations for competitively-placed term loans for select assets and a restructured revolving line of credit that significantly increased borrowing-base availability.
- Global Aviation: Served as financial advisor to the official committee of unsecured creditors for DIP financing, §1113 labor proceedings, fleet restructuring, POR negotiations and exit financing. Served as company advisor in subsequent Chapter 11 filing and advised on DIP financing and the sale of North American Airlines to Omni Air.
- Virgin America: Co-manager for $306 million IPO. Identified fare premiums on key long-haul routes, a major investment thesis in the IPO.